2/7/10

San Antonio for the Weekend...

We unexpectedly went to San Antonio, Texas this past weekend for a funeral. Trey's Welita Jane passed away this week and we drove Thursday to make it to her funeral on Friday. It was such a sad time for him and the family, but we were very glad to be able to make it there for the service.


My MIL graciously watched Soph for us and we took Bella on the road since my mom was going to be flying to SA to see my dad this weekend. Bella has always been a fantastic road doggie - we took her everywhere when she was little, a couple of beach vacations, texas trips, and more. She is so pleasant and just sits/sleeps nicely in her crate the entire way.


Bella on her potty break:



Here she is once we arrived at my dad's apartment in SA. She was so tired - long 9 hour drive from LR to SA!



On the way down we always try to stop at a favorite: Whataburger! It is sooo yummy and we don't have one in LR so we take advantage in Texarkana.



Friday, we went to lunch with my parents at a super delish mexican restaurant and then went to a Baby store where mom found gender neutral cute onsies and bibs at a major deal!
Trey and I went back to the apart to change and then went to the funeral service. It was very nice and I got to meet most of the family. It was so special for Trey to be there and an honor for me to be able to attend.

We went to dinner at an Italian Restaurant which was great and went to see the movie Legion. Um, it was okay - but pretty scary!!



The next day, Saturday, we went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch - YUM - my FAVORITE!!! There is always so much to chose from but the meals never disappoint and neither does their cheesecake!



Trey had the Red Velvet Cheesecake



And I had blueberry white chocolate! A little slice of heaven!


We went to walk around the mall a bit to burn off that cheesecake and I finally bought a maternity tummy sleeve to fit around jeans that no longer button, but you can still fit into. Yes, its depressing to have clothes not fit, however, it is for a great reason and I keep telling myself that. :)

This little thing can fit around your expanding belly and boobs - so I hear. Can't wait to try it on!



Trey and I at the apartment before going out to dinner with Claudia, Alex, and Stephen. We met them at a yummy Japanese Restaurant and they did have great avocado rolls and edamme. It was so good to see them and catch up - the kids are growing so much - Alex will graduate in 2 years! Geez we feel old! It is scary for me to think that when she graduates we will have a 2 year old! OH MY. I am horrible and didn't get a single picture of us - my pregnancy brain is in full effect - what can I say? ;)


Sunday we drove home, but we did get to stop at our favorite mexican fast food restaurant: Taco Cabana! Soooooooo goooooood!! (and super cheap!)


So, I didn't get very many pics of us or family - shame. on. me. But we did have a nice time with everyone - despite my lack of photos. An unexpected, yet pleasant weekend!

No comments: