2/20/10

Clean House.

Today I decided to go to my mom's house and start the process of cleaning out my old closet - yes, I still have tons of my crap - I mean stuff - at her house. Basically clothes, purses, and shoes that I haven't worn in 4 + years! Oh my. Well, it all started because I am getting the "boot" since Baby G is arriving this summer. My old bedroom will be where Baby G stays when he/she sleeps at Grandma's and my old closet needs to be ready for baby clothes.

So, my mom is out of town this weekend and I wanted to surprise her when she returns, so I went over and begun the cleaning process.

A few before pics - yes, it's messy!




And yes, all of that is MY stuff - where did I get all that??? Wow!
Here is the finished product - very proud of myself after just a couple of hours:

These are give-a-away bags - yay for me actually giving away items!




I did have fun and found tons of old shoes and clothes that I forgot I had. For example, look at these crazy plastic shoes - I believe I bought these for one of my high school dances - I cannot believe I actually wore these! haha

Now, these beauties are another story - this is the first item I purchased in New York City when Lauren and I went to visit Somerset when we were in college! Geez - at least 8 years ago!!! I absolutely loved these Steve Madden shoes and wore them to death - I cannot part with them. At that time I was into huge crazy shoes, I only bought chunky, creative shoes and these were perfect. I think I even wore these on my first date with Trey! Don't ask me why, I don't think I will wear them again, but who knows? They are going in the keepsake pile :)


Here are some shirts that I used to wear...

Don't know if you remember these shirts, but when Newlyweds was on MTV (Nick and Jessica Simpson) Trey and I watched that show all the time, I even bought the DVDs because we were very much like them (well, minus the completely stupid comments made by Jessica) But I found this on eBay and loved it. I think there were tons like this for different celebrities.

Ahhh, yes, I was definitely a Shopaholic considering it took me 2 hours to clean out clothes of the closet - yes, clothes only. It only took me 10 minutes to clear out the shoes.


Don't you just LOVE Jem and the Misfits??? I had a Jem barbie that had earrings that lit up and watched the cartoon religiously. Love this shirt - def a keeper.


Remember when the monogram purses and shirts were popular a few years ago? I had so many "M" items it was insane - brings back memories...

I bought this shirt in Texas one trip years ago - I love milkshakes and had to have this one. I wore it all the time until I realized what "milkshake" meant. I promptly stopped. (remember the song, "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." um yeah.)

Luke and Irene were in town for an hour or so and called for us to go to dinner with them at Mac Grill. It was so great to see them! I miss them so much.

YUMMY Food!




Super yummy dessert!

Precious Friends...





I had a pretty productive day - but am exhausted! I think Trey and I are just going to watch a movie or two at home with the pups.
I will definitely be posting on Monday - hopefully we will get the Big News about whether Baby G is a Girl or Boy!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed that we will be able to find out :)

No comments: