2/28/10

A Baby Filled Weekend!

I slept way late today....and that means I am dragging... oh well that is what Lazy Sundays are for! :)

First of all - let me thank all my dear friends in blogland for your super sweet comments! They mean the world to me and I appreciate each of you. :)

Trey flew to Laredo, TX. to see his sister and her family this weekend and Somerset came into town for Emily's baby shower! Emily is a friend from junior high/high school and she and her husband Andre live in St. Louis. She is expecting a precious baby boy in April!

Somerset made her diaper cake for her shower on Saturday, and I went along to help setup and we had a great time at the shower - she received so many wonderful gifts! Of course looking at all the baby boy items was fun for me - baby showers are WAY better than wedding showers - of course I loved my whole wedding experience - don't get me wrong - but seriously, watching someone open a crock pot versus a super cute blue overall outfit with a little ducky on the pocket doesn't even compare ;)

The diaper cake Somerset made: these are the little socks she made into roses for the top...


The full picture - how cute is that? I only dream of being that creative!

Emily and her mother - how sweet :)




Central High Gals - Somer, me,and Emily. I cannot believe Emily and I are pregnant - CRAZY!!!

The hostesses/hosts


Somerset and I pretty much spent the weekend shopping for baby stuff, and eating yummy food! I have not been to any maternity stores for myself since I can still fit into my old clothes - okay, not my pants, but I have always worn loose fitting dresses and love tights/uggs/dresses for fall/winter so I am set for now. But, we went into Destination Maternity to browse and found some cute things. I did see a few dresses for showers , but didn't splurge quite yet - maternity stuff is SO expensive! Whats up with that? Geez...
But, I did find a cute little outfit for Logan and a bib that I am going to give Trey for his birthday on March 4th. Since Trey always jokes he is a nerd/geek because of his job with computers I thought this was perfect! And the bib is self explanatory...haha

I also purchased a few more items at Old Navy/Kohl's this weekend - look at these cute little jeans!!


This sweet monkey sleeper outfit...

And hilarious onesie - love it!
I am going to dinner to night with my Wonder Place girls - (where I used to work) and we are meeting at Za Zas which is a tasty pizza/salad place with GELATO!!! Logan and I are very excited!
Oh, for a quick update - I have not felt him move yet - I am not-so-patiently waiting on that magical moment, I am thinking in a week or so I will feel something - he is still a little too small, but it should happen soon! I am feeling great - I do get tired if I have a long day - like Saturday, but other than that, I have bursts of energy , yay second trimester! My MOD shifts are becoming the bain of my existence (this is where I have to work 8 am - 11 pm straight as Manager on Duty at the hotel). Luckily, I get a day off when I do this, but lately I can barely stay awake until 11! So, we will see how that goes...
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - can you believe it is MARCH already?????

No comments: