2/11/10

Love Sweet Love. And Eggs.

Its Valentines Day Weekend and I am READY for this work day to be over with! I know I have had two snow days this week - so technically only worked 3 days, but it has seemed to DRAG on forever.

Yesterday, I received eggs from a guy that I work with. He has chickens at his house and they finally started laying eggs. Trey and I have been excited to try some of these natural, fresh colorful eggs! I am an egg-lover, but don't eat them as much as I would like. Mainly laziness of the morning - not wanting to cook them for breakfast and I totally forget about eggs for dinner. I do love a yummy meal of eggs and toast - sometimes bacon! MMMMM, delish.

Anyway, so here they are -in all their beautiful glory - so pretty and fresh. We can't wait to try them!!

Sorry, the pic would not turn the correct way when I saved it - whoops!



Look at those pink eggs - love it!



Ahhhh, love is in the air! I love almost every holiday, but Valentines Day has always been a fun one - very whimsical and of course filled with love! Even when I was in Junior High/high school I loved V-Day. I must admit, I almost always had a boyfriend or love interest (and great friends) to share it with so that definitely helped, I know not everyone has fond memories of Love Day. But I still have mementos from years past, hand made valentines cards - poems, love notes, etc. I am definitely a keeper of memories! :)

But, this time in my life is by far the best - I have the love of my life that I get to spend this fabulous holiday with and a baby on the way. (It will be so fun to dress up that precious Baby G next year!!!!) Trey and I won't do anything big this year, but we will have dinner and exchange sweet cards and maybe chocolates - yum! We are typically not too creative because we save that for our anniversaries :)

Here is my Love Sweet Love plate in my kitchen - it makes my heart melt....


Front Door has the pink heart and heart mat...ahhhhhh



And then there is my inspiration for my Love Plate in the kitchen - this gorgeous garden flag! How adorable is that??? And look - you can still see the beautiful white snow!


I am ready for the Day of Love - we might even have our pink eggs to celebrate!

2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

So cute1 I love your door mat and the tulips are fab.!
Jamie
lovelongtime.blogspot.com
maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Hey over from Kelly's! Your blog is supe cute!! I just love your post! Congrats on the baby on the way and I just love your decor and your tulips are FAB!! Tulips are my fav flower! My 3 year old told the hubs "mommy wants two lips for V-Day" LOL.... funny stuff!!

Pink eggs?? Hmmm sounds intresting.....
Have a Great V-Day
and Happy Friday
Summer :0)