2/14/10

Just Me and My Valentine (and Baby G)


Love is in the air. Can you feel it? Its magic - the sweet embrace of loved ones? Ahhh, I love that feeling and am so blessed to have that feeling from my dear husband, friends, and family.

We had a fantastic low key Valentines Day! We exchanged little gifts and sweet cards. I love cards - I am a card person. I love the process of picking them out and finding that perfect card that says exactly what you want it to say - sometimes I search days, or weeks and go to 5 different stores before I find that right card to express what I want to say. I have definitely made homemade cards before too. Trey finds good cards too - he always finds a unique and impressive card that just blows me away and brings a tear to my eye.

Here is our setup below - I bought him love fortune cookies dipped in chocolate that have sweet sayings inside each one. His favorite food is Chinese so I knew he would appreciate these. I told him to just save money and buy me Russel Stovers chocolates - and not a big box. I am more of a fan of giving gifts, not receiving. But, he went above and beyond and bought me a large box of Godiva (my favorite!) and I was shocked - his thought process was that with a baby on the way, next year - or for the next few years for that matter - (18 years?!) that we couldn't spend big on holidays, so he wanted to do an extra something for this V Day. How sweet is that? :)


Y U M - don't those look absolutely sinful?? Don't worry - I am practicing willpower and only eating a few a day so I don't send Baby G into sugar shock! ha!


Trey and his fortune cookie...


And my belly has definitely grown! Here is my 16 week picture - almost 17 weeks! Of course I had also just eaten a full meal - but here it is - Baby G at 16 1/5 weeks!



Sophie - sweet girl


Don't ask what came over me - I can't explain it, honestly. But I had been thinking about Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cakes all day - actually for two days - and I couldn't shake the thought. I wanted one soooo bad - how weird is that? I never eat ice cream cakes - I don't even really like them - I never eat ice cream scoops with my cake - never. I blame it all on Baby G - apparently he/she loves mint chocolate ice cream and cake all wrapped up together and that is why I had this insane craving. So, off we go to the ice cream shop and picked out this beauty!



Here it is - a yummy slice of ice cream cake - of course Trey was in heaven - he loves these cakes and I haven't had one since I was little at a birthday party probably at Showbiz! haha


Hopefully my craving for dessert is coming to an end - I haven't really been a fan of chocolate or dessert since I became pregnant which is crazy for the non-pregnant me. I am a dessert lover normally - I don't indulge daily, by any means, but I could eat a snickers or Reece's cup daily if allowed. ;) But Baby G was not having that - I haven't even really thought about chocolate or sweets since getting pregnant until now - second trimester - the one where you are supposed to love food again. Bitter Sweet.
We stayed in this V Day since it is Sunday and we knew it would be a madhouse at all restaurants! Trey cooked a Delicious Mexican dinner for me complete with a great enchilada, homemade Mexican rice and yummy cheesey beans! It was his first attempt and it came out wonderful - what a nice relaxing evening.

It even snowed today for an hour or so - how crazy is that? Huge, big flakes of snow. It was much to warm for it to stick, but it sure was pretty!
Tomorrow is Date Night and we plan on going to see the new Valentines Day movie - Yay!
Happy Valentines Day to you all!

2 comments:

♥ sarah said...

congratulations on your baby! what a fun way to spend valentine's day! is that a pom i see in your header?!?! we have one too! xoxo

The Gould's said...

Thanks! Yes, we do have a Pom named Bella - I love your blog and follow it and know you have a precious Pom too! Aren't they the best? :)