2/22/10

IT'S A......................................

SWEET BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are super excited and just blessed to have a healthy baby boy growing stronger every day!
We had a wonderful 18 week ultrasound with Baby Views - I would definitely recommend Shea Foster, she is AMAZING. She has such a sweet personality and just makes you feel at ease the moment you walk into the office.
She really takes her time and explains everything in full detail. We haven't seen our baby since our first ultrasound December 10th which really doesn't count because Baby G was a tiny dot at 6-7 weeks!

I cannot believe how fully formed our little miracle is - it is unbelievable! We watched him moving and dancing for 30 minutes and I could watch him for hours - in fact, we have a video so that I can!! I will try to upload it to my blog - we'll see how that works...

But, she found the sex organs and there it was in all its glory - Baby G's little penis and testicles! Trey almost shouted "Wow - thats huge!" haha - I think that is the same reaction for every male. I will admit, I was surprised - I was almost 99.9% sure Baby G was a girl, but boy was I wrong! It took a minute for the shock to wear off that I was actually having a little boy - but of course I am beyond thrilled!!

She went over every part of the body - and she was able to rule out almost all of the major conditions every parent is concerned about. The spine looked good, he opened his little hands to wave at us and we saw all his fingers - she commented about how this is good because it rules out Trisomy 18. He yawned really big too and she said that showed that he didn't have a cleft palate. Amazing she could tell us all that! She mentioned several other things that told us we have a very healthy baby - praise the Lord!

We have chosen the name Logan Holland for our baby boy - we just love it!



His little spine!


Those precious fingers waving at us


A big yawn - he was sleepy


It was truly amazing - words cannot describe how neat the whole experience was. I was so nervous all day, hoping and praying for a healthy baby, and that we would be able to find out the sex. It all worked out beautifully. :)

I got home and found a sweet gift on my doorstep from Lauren and John - thanks guys!! (I tried to turn the pic correctly, but it was not cooperating.) But she bought us this little book and a rattle toy that goes with it - too cute!!


I had to go shopping right away, since I haven't purchased a single baby item this far - crazy isn't it? I ran to Old Navy and bought the cutest clothes - on SALE!

A little swim outfit - don't worry, this fits a 12-18 month old!



This is all for Trey - haha




I didn't go too nuts, but I did get some great stuff - now that I know its a boy I can start registering for cute boy colors - chocolates, mint greens, and blues! Cannot wait! :)
Oh - and she calculated my due date as July 21st instead of the 25th! We'll see what my Doctor says on March 10th - but the earlier the better, being big and pregnant isn't my ideal for the dead of summer in Arkansas!
Love to you all in blogland :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I am truly excited for my best friend. You are going to be an amazing mom. Logan is one lucky baby boy!

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you and Trey. I love reading your blog and all your excitement :) We have four women in the office right now who are pregnant and the furthest along also found out yesterday that she's having a boy. Another is having twins. Anyway, I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

That's wonderful, congratulations!!!

The Gould's said...

Thank you everyone!! These sweet comments mean the world to us!