10/25/10

Mmmmm...Tasty Fingers

Guess who found his fingers? Yummy yummy! Logan's new obsession is chewing on his hands and fingers which is great for self soothing. Yay! He still won't take a paci. Usually we try to offer his wubbanub soothie before a bottle to soothe but recently he cries more because he knows its not a bottle. He has zero interest unless he is completely full, but then he won't keep it in his mouth for very long before spitting it out. Poor Gus (his wubbie). We tried dude, we tried. :)

After bath time - loving those fingers!





Soph has a new toy - which she promptly ripped a hole in about 5 minutes later. Lovely.



Daddy and Son Time!



We cannot believe he is 3 months old!!! Actually 3 months and a couple of weeks - but still. Growing and growing...




Loving his sing along tunes





Grabbing Morty the Moose






If its not fingers or hands its burp cloths and lovies. He can't get enough of them :)





Ready to go to eat!



I realized I never post any pics of me and Logan because I don't have any pics! How sad! I am always the picture taker - so we tried to snap some cute pics with his Halloween onesie that says "I'm Batty for Mommy". Lauren gave it to him - too cute!


Of course he wouldn't dare look at the camera - only 1 photo he is looking at it - geesh! That just means he and I need to take more photos :)








Look at that pouty lip - so sad!












Watching Daddy cook - how neat!

I am so stinkin excited!! I decided to try and put him in the crib for nap time, swaddled of course, and see how it went. All the books/articles say at 4 months they can definitely be on a schedule and by then they can try to self soothe to go back to sleep. So we are almost to 4 months and I wanted to try now since he does so well swaddled at night. It went GREAT!!!! Yesterday he was so tired from our outing that I knew he would pass out. We fed him, swaddled him, fed a little more and out he went. He slept in the crib for 2 1.5 hours!!! HOORAY!!
Trey and I kept staring at the video monitor making sure he was still breathing (okay actually I kept staring at the monitor while Trey shook his head.) haha - I can't help it, its either that or creep in his room every 5 minutes to watch his little chest move up and down. luckily on the monitor you can see it! :)
So, today I work MOD shift which is 5 pm - 11 pm (yuck I know) but for his first nap we swaddled him and put him in the crib. And the crying began. It took 3 different tries of letting him cry for 2-3 minutes, then taking him out of the crib, feeding him a little more, he passes out in our arms, we put him down again, and he wakes up and cries again. But like I said, only 3 tries of that and finally he stayed down for an hour. Trey put him down for his second nap once I left for work and he is still sleeping! YIPPEE!!!!! I can't begin to explain how exciting that is for me. It's like the best successful feeling ever - it far outweighs any successful moment I had in the past. Welcome to Mommyhood right?

No comments: