10/11/10

First Road Trip!

Let me start off my announcing that Logan slept, swaddled, for 11 hours last night!!! Can you believe it?? I can't - I am still in shock! Trey and I were both up before him - ohmygosh!

I know it is probably due to the fact that he was EXHAUSTED from his first road trip to Dallas to meet Great GrandMary and a few other family members. It was a super quick trip but well worth it! Mom and I left Friday and returned Sunday. He did wonderful - such a good little traveler. He was pleasant in the car on the way up and back. He did great at the restaurants when we ate out and he was sweet at GrandMary's house too! He had a couple of fussy moments, but they were short and went away as soon as he saw his bottle. :)

Finally at GrandMary's! Glad to be here!


Sweet boy - love that face


He also slept like a champ both nights right next to me. He was swaddled and I put the sleep positioner so he wouldn't roll anywhere. he did great on his back which I wasn't sure about. He has never slept flat before - he is always on the nap nappy or in the bassinet which is on a slight incline. he stayed asleep for around 8 hours each night! Whew - it made me feel better about the crib (though I am no where NEAR ready for that yet) but maybe he will sleep fine in it on his back once its time :)


Morning Smiles - precious


Loving Aunt Barbara



Out cold - he played so much he was so tired!


Logan with his Grammy


Meeting Cousin Ashley and Cousin Ava for the first time




Great GrandMary - so sweet




Pretty boy - loves his playmat!




Talking to his toys







He is very fond of his burp cloths (gotta remember to introduce lovies now) and likes to hold them and put them up to his mouth
















Here begins the burp cloth hide and seek game. I was in the backseat with Logan for the last 3 hours to Dallas and he played his game of covering his face with the cloth - then taking it down and smiling at me. Too cute!





So, we did have our first screaming incident at a restaurant. Honestly, I am glad its over. I knew it was coming - the first time (of course there will be many many more, but at least the 1st one is passed us). We went to Fulins to grab some chinese before I left on the trip and as soon as Trey and I sat down Logan started crying so I got him out of the car seat and tried to give him a bottle. He was NOT having it which is strange. He started screaming and Trey rushed him outside. Embarrassing! I ate my soup and eggroll alone (awkward) and finally they came back inside and sat down. He seemed fine and took a little bit of the bottle - but all of a sudden the stink face came back with a loud shriek followed by shrill screams. Who is this child? Not mine! Totally not like him at all - I practically shouted at our waitress to box our food to-go and I took Logan and ran outside to get him out of the restaurant and away from the glaring customers. As soon as we got outside he was fine - staring all around at the buildings and people coming and going. Trey paid and we were outta there. Once we got home we figured out he had bad gas pain - he has never acted like that before poor thing. We gave him 2 rounds of gas drops and finally it eased the pain and he passed out asleep. Bless his heart - we felt so bad for him :(

He does this with every feeding - holds his little hands together, so sweet


We had lots of fun in Dallas - it was a short trip and I missed seeing dear friends. We will definitely be back soon and I can catch up with Amber and John! :)
Oh, by the way, as I type he is swaddled and fast asleep, and mamma is very happy! :)

No comments: