4/1/11

Stinky Ole Ear Infection

Poor baby! Sooo glad we went to the doctor! And I almost didn't the morning of because he didn't cough the night before and wasn't snotty...yet...But we went anyway just to make sure. I was positive the Ped would tell us everything looked clear and that we were gonna have to ride this cold out. But the last ear she checked looked infected so we are on antibiotics for 10 days. Logan's first diagnosed sickness that needed medicine to make it go away. He seems to be doing better - he LOVES the sweet bubblegum flavor and actually started wailing when I took the dropper away after his first dose - haha. Poor guy - thought he was getting dessert for the first time :) He isn't as snotty/stuff today so that is great news! She also said his two front teeth are about to pop through so I am sure that is also a source of soreness/pain. Bless his baby heart. But he doesn't let that stop him from having a good ole time!


he is obsessed with getting into his own toy baskets now that I showed him how - it is too cute



We tried blueberries for the first time in his morning oatmeal and he didn't know what to think at first. He made this icky face...



He was like what did you give me??


Then... sweet smiles!



I think we are gonna like blueberries!!



Since I am recording all this for memory/record keeping I want to be honest. This whole food thing is STRESSING me out. I figured it would be so simple. I mean, how hard can it be right? You offer food and they eat it, or not, and you go on with your day. Nope. Not at the Gould house. I think we definitely have a picky eater on our hands which is understandable considering Trey and I put the term "picky" to shame when we were little. And all the books say not to stress and watch how you handle mealtime because its supposed to be fun and don't put pressure on them because they could develop an unhealthy relationship with food, etc. Talk about Anxiety! So on one hand I am trying to make mealtime fun, calm, stress free and offer Logan new foods without pressuring him to eat it. But on the other hand he is sooooo skeptical about trying anything new. He basically won't open his mouth until I try to dust his lips with a taste of what he is having for fear I am sneaking a green pea or garden veggies in his bowl. Even if I put a small spoonful of pureed green beans or peas in a bowl with tons of squash or sweet potato he refuses to eat it. And heaven forbid I try to get him to try a bite of pureed meat mixed with sweet potatoes. That sends him over the edge and he starts crying and doesn't want anything else. So its like I know he is hungry but if he doesn't like it do I offer something I know he will like? Or do I just say mealtime is done? So that brings me to my next issue. The sheet from the doctor says let them try new foods for 10 days at a time - just one taste, and most of the time they will end up liking it once they get used to a certain texture or flavor. Yeah, don't see that happening with Logan especially when he won't eat a single bite of anything new and since I'm not supposed to force him to take bites I am at a loss. Also - I am very confused and uncertain as to how much food he is supposed to be eating at 8 mo old. Bottom line, every baby is different. I know that. But remembering that when it comes to making sure your child is getting enough nutrients/calories is hard work.

Other than the lack of sleep in the beginning I would say everything else with him has gone smoothly or better than I thought. Even the stress of getting him to sleep in his own crib wasn't as huge as the stress I feel with the food issue. I cannot WAIT until his 9 mo appt so I can throw 20 questions to his Ped and put my mind at ease :)


Sorry for the rambling - its on my mind and it feels good to get it off my chest :) Happy Friday!!

No comments: