12/10/10

It's Beginning to look...

a lot like a blue Christmas! This year is Trey's year for his Christmas decorations and white lights on the tree. (yes, its true. We couldn't compromise so we switch off every year!) But I secretly love it - because I never get bored of our decorations and each year it feels like a brand new year and so different with the mixture of colors. Trey's year is mainly white, silver, blue, and green. My year is color color color! And Pink! :)

I decided to get a little crafty this year and make garland for the mantle. I have never done this before, but went to hobby lobby and got the ornaments and garland to wrap and tie onto the garland and I think it turned out pretty well! Especially for a first-timer :)

And here he is at 4 months and a couple of weeks!





My heart. My precious boy.


He is just too stinkin cute :)



Santa's little helper...


funny face


still LOVING Sophie the Giraffe


getting 2 of her feet in his mouth - that takes talent. :)


And in other exciting news: Mama has been COOKING! That's right folks! No need to grab Q-Tips and clean those ears out. Nope. You heard right. I am tapping into my domestic side and cooking - and to my surprise its actually going quite well! Not only is it all edible, but Delicious!
3 meals down and 1 more to go - I am attempting a sausage and cheese Frittata!

We have been playing hard over here...


What is his tongue doing? haha

His shirt doesn't lie!


I bought a mini tree for Logan to have in the years to come - I always had a baby tree and loved it. So they were having a sale at Garden Ridge and I bought one for this year. It was multi colored and I couldn't wait to start decorating!

Logan front and center watching me decorate his tree. Don't worry - next year he will be all about it :)
So, I don't know if you can tell by this photo - but when I put the top of the tree onto the bottom and plugged in the lights - whoa. The bottom is as the box promised: Colored lights. But the top is white lights! How crazy is that? Oh dear. So I called the manufacture and he is shipping me a colored top to match the bottom. Yay!
So, for now, he will have a mismatched tree. He doesn't mind - he loves staring at the lights. :)
Here is his first ornament - baby's first Christmas 2010. Awwwwwwww.


A sweet snowman Gi Gi gave him - he loved staring at the red hat as I put it on the tree.



And I decided to put our Nativity scene in his room on his dresser. Trey's Aunt Bobbie sends us a painted Santa Clause every year which is so special to us. For our Wedding present in 2007, she made us this beautiful nativity scene - how amazing is this??? We were so thankful she made this for us - what a special keepsake! I think Logan will love it too when he gets older and knows the story of baby Jesus.


If feels so good to be able to decorate Logan's room for Christmas. He is here with us, healthy and happy. How blessed we are. I remember this time last year he was a little peapod growing inside me. We had no idea how much our lives would change at that time. And how fun it is now that he is here for the most wonderful time of the year :)

I am going to leave you with this little video since he is 4 months. I will say it again - please excuse my voice - it is so funny to listen to yourself on tape - oh my :)

No comments: