12/20/10

5 days and Counting...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, one of the many reasons I LOVE Christmastime!!

All the beautiful Christmas cards! I just get so excited when the mail comes. I almost stalk the poor postman. I peek out the window - peer through the blinds, wait until he sticks the mail in the box then dart outside yank open the mailbox and greedily grab all the sweet cards. I never wait until I am inside to start opening the cards - oh no. I rip them open right there and start reading them and then the "awwww's" and "oooooooohs" come out of my mouth when I see the precious photos and read the sweet words on the holiday cards. Favorite. Time. Of. The. Year.
Makes my heart full!

Trey and I had a fantastic time on our getaway in Memphis! We stayed at a homewood suites - my last employee rate hotel. Boo. I won't know what I will do when I have to pay over $29 a night for a hotel! We got there in time to eat a yummy lunch at Gus's fried chicken.


Then, we saw Harry Potter - so good! And grabbed some Ben and Jerrys ice cream. We got ready for dinner and ate at River Oaks again - it was so delish last time we couldn't resist. It did not disappoint! I ever ordered Pork Tenderloin which if you know me at all, I never eat Pork. Never order it and barely eat Bacon. But something about it sounded good (probably the Mac and cheese side) but it was phenomenal! I ate every single bite!!!

We got some much needed sleep and ate at Central BBQ on the way home - soooooooooo tasty!
We loved our alone time - but definitely missed this sweet guy...



Deer in headlights (haha I just had to say it - check out his sweet shirt) :)


Loving him some take along tunes... he is getting so good at holding it


Someone is definitely teething...poor guy hand blood on his bath towel after his bath. We looked inside his mouth and rubbed the towel on the gums again and sure enough - there was some blood. He has been drooling, sucking fingers, chewing on teethers, and anything he can get his hands on. Pulling his ears and fussy fussy. Finally, it confirms what I have been thinking for a couple of weeks. He is also waking up in the middle of the night which he never does.



Poor little man! Hope those mean ole toothies make an appearance soon!
He hasn't been into the mirror until recently - I hold it above his head and he likes to watch himself chewing on his toys - how funny!

5 days and counting until Christmas!!! I cannot believe it is almost here - I feel like I wait for it all year and now its upon us. It kind of makes me sad just thinking about putting up my decorations and having to wait a whole year to bring them out again. Oooooh what to do!

No comments: