8/30/09

Ahhhhh - The Weekend!

Oh happy weekend - I live for the weekends, for time off of work, for sleeping in and laying on the couch watching some crazy reality show and checking my facebook and eBay. This weekend - however - was the opposite of lazy. I am proud, I have been pretty productive this weekend, I blame it on my Starbucks Iced Mocha (non fat/no whip) for giving me insane energy to conquer the mound of laundry that has been taunting me all week!

Don't get me wrong, most weekends Trey and I are somewhat productive - we pick and choose chores and items to check off our growing list. But we also give ourselves plenty of R&R time.

Well, Friday I was MOD (manager on duty) and I worked from 8 am - 11 pm. Well, when I got home - I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. I was so worked up, so I curled up with the doggies on the couch to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic on dvd. 3 am rolls around and I am still up trying to find a boring show to watch to put me fast asleep. Nope. Didn't work. So, I finally fell asleep around 4 am or so and of course slept until 1 pm on Saturday! I love sleep and sleeping in, but I feel useless after I pass 11 am. Trey works nights now, so he came home at 8 am and fell asleep beside me.

Long story - but I got up and made myself a big bowl of healthiness. MMMMM i love fruit salad in the summer!



Sophie joined me while I ate my fruit on the couch still trying to wake up...


A little bit later Lauren and I decided to go for a walk at the Big Damn Bridge - which turned out to be a fabulous idea! It was so nice outside (unbelievable for August in Arkansas) and we walked and talked for a couple of miles...



Trey and I decided to go to dinner at one of our local favorites: La Palapa which is a wonderful mexican restaurant. It is so fresh and authentic - to die for!! Plus, since we have been doing so well on our weight loss competition (I am down 10.5 pounds!) We wanted to treat ourselves for the outstanding progress. It was soooooo yummy, we haven't been there in 4 weeks which is HUGE for us - we used to go at least once a week - AT LEAST. ;)


There are several movies we wanted to see and District 9 was one of them. We have heard great reviews and everyone seems to love this movie - and I happen to LOVE scary/freaky movies so off we went. Well, let me just say that I was highly disappointed. I mean, seriously, it was weird, more like a documentary style, and kinda sad. I think the concept is cool and interesting, but It was not for me - I left very unsatisfied and bummed it didn't live up to the reviews. At least to me it didn't.



Onto to exciting news! Remember Project Shutter? Well, we finally got around to hanging the painted shutters back up! (yeah like 2 weeks later haha) But they look fantastic - we are thrilled at how they turned out. From green to black and what a difference it makes on our house - once the door is painted red it will be wonderful!





Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to show a quick picture of my fabulous new lunch bags that I take to work. Aren't they so adorable?? I found them on the same website as our reusable grocery bags on one of my past posts.



And who says your lunch bags can't be accessories? And cute ones at that! ;)

Have a Fabulous week!!

No comments: