8/15/09

Projects and Purchases!

Things are a changing! At work, we just received new laptops (Welcome to the modern world Doubletree!) and of course I asked if I could have a hot pink laptop and as soon as I opened my mouth I realized that would definitely not be an option - the GM gave me a look (yeah, one of THOSE looks ...) and I smiled and said black was still a great color!

So, of course as soon as I got the laptop I knew I had to doll it up a bit and get a super cute laptop bag! Hey, If I can't have a pink laptop, I can certainly have a pink bag :) So, I found a great deal on a Juicy Couture case - and I am IN LOVE!!

My boring ole black laptop...


Let me introduce you to my sassy pink Juicy bag!!!

I absolutely adore it! So, we have been pulling all of our files and contracts onto the laptops and the main point of all this is because we are also getting a new system! Delphi (heaven for hotels) is an amazing system that is supposed to be user friendly and fabulous for contracts, proposals, and booking conventions/events, etc. We are thrilled to get it - and we will have training over the next two months. Wish me luck!

Next up, we are finally going to remodel our kitchen... and two bathroom floors. We are so excited and we finally narrowed it down and picked out the tiles/counter tops! Don't worry - I will post pics during the process...

Black slate for the kitchen floor... kind of a fuzzy pic

The back splash for the kitchen with the bronzed squares as an accent decoration...

The granite tile for our counter tops...

We are planning to start in early October to be completed by November. We have hired a highly recommended guy to do the job and we are ready to go! ;)
As Fall approaches it makes me think of Halloween which is my first holiday that get to I decorate for to begin the season - I love love love Halloween and I am starting to collect the Department 56 Halloween Village sets - (I have collected the Christmas sets for years!) But I have found some great deals on eBay and through other websites. I can't wait to put it all together in the fall and here is an example below of what mine will HOPEFULLY look like someday - of course I am just starting my collection, so I won't have nearly as much as this neat display..... but someday....... :)



More to come tomorrow - our weekend project is painting our shutters! I will post pics later!

No comments: