8/2/09

Come Rain or Come Shine...

First things first - look at this sweet face! Sophie has been so different the past few weeks - dare I say... grown up? She is definitely more mature and has been like a new dog. Bella and her get along pretty well and she is more calm and has not torn up a pee pad in forever - YEA!!!


We went to my parent's lakehouse this weekend which is in Greers Ferry, Arkansas. My parents have been working on their house up there for years and it is the neatest house. I will post pics later onto this same post of the cool decor.

The plan was to rent a pontoon boat on Saturday for 8 hours, but it rained all day. Yuck! We didn't lose money, but we pretty much sat in the house and talked for the entire 8 hours we would have been on the boat. We did have fun and it was relaxing which was nice, but we were bummed that the rain didn't let up all day...

Irene and I acting a fool with a can of beans. (okay, really just me acting a fool - haha)



The yummy mexican food we made for Friday night - it was delish!


Nicole came down from New York and got to spend Friday night with us. I haven't seen her in a while so it was nice to catch up :) It is her birthday on Monday, so Lauren got her a cake which was beautiful and soooo good! Happy 27th Nicole!!


How pretty is this cake? I mean, pink and chocolate - what could be more perfect?



Trey and I after dinner on Saturday at Jansen's Restaurant.


Lauren and I


Irene, Lauren, and I


Irene and I


We did have a wonderful weekend with dear friends - we played games and laughed until our abs got a workout. We had some great in depth conversations and many discussions about babies and children since we are all getting close to that age - it is just a matter of time! We are at a fun age of discovery, realizing that adulthood is NOT all that it is cracked up to be (did we expect it would be?) and babies on the brain. We are enjoying life and getting as much as we can done before all of our energy is focused on a little human being. And what a wonderful miracle that will be when that times comes?
Life is grand - rain or shine! :)

No comments: