9/7/09

Let's Hear it for LONG Weekends!

Well - this weekend has been fantastic - not only because we were both off today, Labor Day, but I am also off two more days for a grand total of... drum roll please... FIVE DAYS!!!!! It has been all too exciting - I don't quite know what to do :) I took two MOD comp days for Tues and Wed to give myself an extra long weekend!

So, we were kinda lazy Sat and some of Sunday. On Saturday, we went out with Bruce and his girlfriend, Danielle to Boscos for dinner then to the Flying Saucer for drinks. We were out pretty late, but had a great double date. I am so sorry I did not take pics of any of us - how awful! But of course I managed to take a picture of one of our drinks - go figure ;)




Today, we were very productive - Trey spent all day painting our front door a very pretty cranberry red, not too bright, but not too dark. (it was green before - should have taken a before picture) It turned out gorgeous! We are pleased with the look of the black shutters and red door on our white house - it looks like a different house! Amazing what a little paint will do :)


Notice Sophie in the pic? She always has to sneak in before I take the shot - can we say: center of attention?

Here is my new mat I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond a week or so ago - I didn't think about it at the time, but it actually goes well with the red door.

I cleaned out our guest bedroom closet - you can actually see the floor in the pic below! I organized everything into large container binds and stored them, ever so nicely, back into the closet. It is still packed, but neater - and there is a method to the madness. :)

I also washed all four loads of laundry and got a workout in, and also folder said laundry. WHOA. Who is this Domestic Woman? We went to Dixie Cafe for dinner tonight and are off to see Julie and Julia - I will let you know what I think... I have heard wonderful things! :)

Hope your labor day was fabulous and relaxing!

No comments: