9/27/09

Dear Fall, Where Are You??

I am a Fall lover - absolutely adore it, can't live without it, think and dream about it during the blazing hot summer days and hopelessly stare at my fall clothes in my closet just waiting for a hint of cool weather to breakout my tights and Uggs! It might not feel like Fall in Arkansas, but October 1st is approaching and darnnit - that screams Fall to me!!! :) I jumped the gun this weekend - yes - I got out my fall decorations before the end of September - I NEVER do that, but I desperately wanted to see some oranges, browns, and reds - so Trey got in the attic and carried my boxes down so I could start the decorating process. I also got out my bath and body works fall soaps - Spice and Pumpkin make washing hands VERY exciting - YAY!

I, of course, have way too much stuff - and I always forget what I have and it is like Xmas each year when I open my Fall boxes - I am constantly saying "Oh wow! I didn't remember that one" and "OMG I love this - thank God I bought it last year on sale!" So, here is a little sampling of what I am thinking about doing this year...

I am a big fan of the clear glass jars/bowls so that you can change out your decor seasonally - pears in one and fall foliage in the other. Pottery Barn is my BFF - they had these on sale this summer.


These are flowers I bought at Pier One, my other bestie, and I love those colors!


When Lauren and I were shopping a couple of weeks ago, I found this at Pier One and the twiggy's are looking right at home - once we trimmed them down and adjusted them, they are working well with everything else. ;)


Pier One again, this leaf plate was a good buy last year - I saw some this year too!



And I am having Firefly Studio make seasonal plates for me to display in my kitchen - I am no artist, and cannot draw or trace to save my life, so luckily the Do-It-Yourself Pottery place can draw for you! They created a summer beach scene, this cute Halloween plate, and then my Turkey Thanksgiving plate - loving it! (Yes, the wallpaper is screaming from behind the plate - our Tile guy is on track to start out remodel first of October! (Another reason to LOVE Fall!)


I am waiting on my Halloween village display/platform to arrive from eBay, then I will put my Department 56 Halloween village together - I am a collector of the Christmas series, but just started my Halloween collection.
The highlight of my weekend was that I got to see Taylor Swift in concert on Saturday night!! I went with my Wonder Place gals Julie and Cathleen - they introduced me to her fabulous CD "Fearless" months ago and I have been hooked ever since. I am not a huge country fan - but I love Taylor! She is sort of pop mixed with twang - plus she writes all of her songs from past experiences that all us girls can relate too. Her concert did NOT disappoint - she was

A-MAZING!!!! I don't go to many concerts, but when someone that I love comes into town - I definitely try to go...and I know every song on her CD. That almost never happens anymore - I might like one song, maybe two, but every single song? This girls is awesome! :)

I did not have my camera - I know I know, what in the world was I thinking? But here are some concert shots from google and were the exact outfits she wore and the same songs as last night.
The Love Story song was perfect - the intro was very cool and her voice is really great live.



Isn't she a doll?



Anyway, we were there - belting out every song in the middle of all the tweens and teeny boppers and we didn't care - she is THAT awesome. :)

We also got to have lunch with Irene and Luke on Saturday - they made a quick visit to LR to see her Brother so that was good to see them and catch up.
Well - that was my weekend wrap-up - hope yours was fabulous too! :)

No comments: