10/4/09

It's Official...

We are finally starting our Kitchen Remodel tomorrow morning!!! This is news we have been waiting to hear for a very long time - Rod, our Tile guy, called and let me know that he would come tomorrow morning at 8 am to measure everything again and let me review the proposal. Assuming everything looks okay - they will start on the kitchen! So, that meant Trey and I had a very long weekend trying to get ready for them to begin. Luckily, we were very motivated to work hard moving everything so they could start on time. ;)

First things first... I have to include sweet pics of my babies - look at Soph, isn't this the cutest pic? I totally woke her up - but she was curled up in our bed just snoozing away....



And sweet Bella - she is getting so old - she will be 8 years old on Saturday! I can hardly believe it... she is such an amazing doggie. :)



Thank goodness my Dad was in town this weekend - he came over on Saturday and helped us SO much with moving all the appliances and I don't know what we would have done without him! Thanks Dad!! :)

My Dad and Trey moving the washer/dryer into the garage...



The view from the kitchen door...


The Stove in the living room - it looks funny and so out of place, but this will be its home for a couple of weeks ;)

Our living room and the mess - we were in the midst of taking some furniture to Tinkerbell, our favorite Bed and Breakfast as a donation - since we don't need it and it fits perfectly for their style of decorating we wanted to give it to them.

So, on Sunday, we rented a Uhaul and put everything inside to tow it to Hot Springs. It rained ALL day - so that was not very fun, but we made it there safely and Rebecca and David LOVED the furniture - they were thrilled to death so that was worth it! We were so glad we found a good home for the couch and chairs that would be well loved - and rest assured it is in great hands.


Our furry babies trying to be so patient while we loaded the furniture...
This is a pic of our Bed and Breakfast that we took the furniture too - they are so amazing and we love this place!

Once we delivered the items, we wanted to eat a late lunch at Rolando's - one of our very favorite mexican/cuban restaurants. It was oh so good and there was not a soul inside - we had it all to ourselves which was a nice treat since they are packed every time we have ever been.
Yummy Guac dip and To DIE for Tortilla Soup!
Trey got the shrimp and cheese quesadillas
And I ordered the cheese enchiladas - sooooo yummy


It was a great day - we came home and moved the rest of the kitchen items into the living room and guest bedroom and cleaned the floor and counter tops. They are READY for a new look!
I wanted to post some more of my Halloween decorations - this is my Dept 56 Halloween Village that I am SO proud of - I ordered this display platform off eBay and she did such a good job creating it and painting it!




I am obsessed with collecting the Dept 56 figures for Christmas, and I decided I would do the same for Halloween since it is my second favorite holiday!



This is my Halloween Tree - black and lime green and purple lights - I got all the halloween ornaments at garden ridge and target last year - love it!
Trey and I are off to see Zombieland in a few minutes - I have heard it is hilarious and it has gotten 5 start reviews! We'll see - hopefully it will be good!
(Update on Zombieland - it was actually pretty good! It is rated R so it is VERY graphic and gory, but it definitely added to the movie - otherwise I think it would have been very cheesy and just like any other silly zombie movie. It was pretty funny and an interesting story line - done from a different angle/point of view. Of course, you gotta be into scary movies/weird quirky dark comedy - but overall we were impressed!)


I will definitely keep up with remodel pics as it comes along - have a good start to the week!

No comments: