9/13/09

Oh, No He DIDN'T!



Oh lord, Kanye did it again. I am not surprised at all though - he seems to try and ruin every MTV awards by being a complete moron. But this time, he really over stepped his boundaries. Try to YouTube this if you can, but sweet Taylor Swift was accepting her first MTV award and she was thrilled to death and smiling from ear to ear. She was in the middle of her acceptance speech when Kanye jumps onstage and grabs the mic from her and says "I'm gonna let you finish your speech Taylor, but Beyonce's video was the best!" (or something to that effect).

UN-BELIEVABLE. I couldn't believe what I was watching! Everyone was so shocked and Taylor looked like she was about to cry so she just left the stage. I was so upset he did that in the first place, and especially to Taylor - she is AMAZING and the sweetest little thing. I hoped they ban him from the awards...seriously. It's sad, because I really do (or did) like his music, but his behavior is disgusting.


Anyway, in the very end, Beyonce actually won, i believe, best video of the year, well she got on stage and immediately asked Taylor to come back on and give her speech. Oh Beyonce - I love you! She seems like a very down to earth celebrity and definitely did the honorable thing by inviting Taylor back onstage to finsish accepting her award that she DESERVED! :) It was such a special and magical moment - at least someone has some class on that stage - you go Beyonce!



Also, they showed an extended trailer for New Moon and it looks PERFECT!!!!! I am sooooo excited I cannot wait for November!!!!

Okay - so I will get off my soap box of the dramatic awards and move onto our weekend. ;)

We had a pretty low key Sat and Sun. I got my hair done on Saturday, then went to lunch and shopping with Lauren to find pieces for my mantle. I found two great items from the cutest store! They are not arranged yet, but I wanted to show pics of what Ibought...





Then our fan for the guest bedroom came in on Friday, so Trey worked on fan installation which took a long time because some of the screws from our old fan were not wanting to budge. Finally it is up and looks wonderful! Its hard to tell from the pics, but the blades are black.





Other than that, we did our usual: washed clothes, folded towels, played with the pooches, and listened to the rain while cuddling on the sofa. Oh, and we had Whole Hog for dinner - YUM-O!

No comments: