5/14/11

Who says you can't cry over spilt milk?

Well it finally happened - I dropped my first bottle and it came crashing to the floor bursting formula all over the place! Gross - what a STICKY mess. And of course the first thing I thought was "Crap! That was like $2-4 bucks wasted! So that is why I say you can definitely cry over spilt milk - especially when its SO darn expensive! Flashing back to his newborn stage I did shed big hormonal tears when I first brought him home and was pumping constantly to get a few drips of colostrum to syringe it into his mouth and I accidentally hit the cup and the colostrum spilled down the sink drain. That sent me over the edge - 30 minutes for a few tiny drops and for it to be wasted like that - ooooh far too much for me to handle. But in the end it was all good - Logan slept for a 5 hour stretch so I got to pump again before he was hungry and it worked fine :)



Look what I found when I got him up for his nap yesterday - little stinker!



this is exactly why we lowered the crib to its last notch!




sweet boy eating lunch










inspecting his food very carefully - picking up cheese and carrots and putting them back down.




this is his stinky face to show us he is either done eating or doesn't like what he put in his mouth - haha









and we finally mounted the video monitor a couple of weeks ago - but here it is! It is wonderful - I can see the whole crib and it sure beats him knocking it off the crib during every nap!




I cannot believe how well he stands!





We pulled out his baby pool for him to get used to playing in for the beach trip. He wasn't sure what to think at first - but he figured out it was fun!





















I gave him some measuring spoons to play with - they were a hit :)







We went to a fun birthday party for a little boy in our playgroup and they had a petting zoo - it was so cute!



Logan was staring at all the animals running around



He got to meet this sweet duck





I LOVE this picture - how funny is this? They are staring each other down!






Mr. Pig and Turtle







First time playing with a balloon - he definitely liked it






I also want to add that we went to an early dinner tonight at PF Changs and he sampled some tofu, asparagus, and chicken that was on my plate. Not sure if he liked it - but at least he opened his mouth to try it! Hooray!


So he has been saying Ma Ma recently - he doesn't know it means me yet, but he is quickly figuring out that when he calls it out I come running in the room and praise him and point to me :) This is a video of when he first started saying it!

No comments: