7/29/10

1 week old already!

I cannot believe Logan is already a week old - where does that time go?? He is doing beautifully - just as laid back as he can be which has been so nice for Trey and I to get used to having a baby in the house. He is easing us into this new parental role. Thanks precious Son :)

My parents came over and brought dinner a couple of days ago and this is the first picture of my Dad holding/feeding Logan. How sweet is this? Logan loves his Grandaddy already!


We've been up to this...


And a little of this...


But mostly a lot of this...


Yesterday was quite a day. Logan was somewhat a night owl and mama only got 1-2 hours of sleep max. I let Trey sleep as much as I could before I asked for help once I was about to pass out from sheer exhaustion. He got up with him and let me sleep for a few hours - ahhhhh much needed rest! I definitely miss my old friend Sleep. Anyone that knows me is aware of how much I love to sleep - and can sleep. 9-12 hours a night if possible. And more on weekends. So this is a huge shock on my system to only get 2-3 hours here and there. Whew! But I am adjusting pretty well I think.


Also yesterday, Logan managed to soil 3 - yes 3 - changing pads! Luckily I purchased another 2 to bring our total to 4. He peed on himself once, peed out of his diaper as I was fastning the other side, and then pooped a few times on the 3rd pad. Wow. All in one day! It is so funny how when its your child - you don't even notice the pee or poop. Its like it doesn't phase you at all - or at least not yet. :)

My favorite thing so far is his little grunts and coos during feeding. He is too cute and so funny with the noises that he makes. I will try to catch it on video and maybe figure out how to post it on our blog. (with a little help from The Hubby)

We had newborn pics on Tuesday and they went wonderfully! Logan did great - he cried a little in the beginning when he was naked but quickly settled and fell asleep. Can't wait to see the pics!


We have our 1st Doctor appt for him. It is so weird that we have this little person we are fully responsible for and it is our job to make sure he gets to his appointments, etc. Wow. Reality sets in right about now. I filled out the birth certificate info yesterday and it hit me again - he is really here! Life is sweet :)

No comments: