5/23/10

Nursery Part 2

The weekend is coming to an end - again. I feel like these weekends are shorter and shorter - and its getting H O T in Arkansas. Ugh. If it is already in the 90's in MAY - what the heck am I gonna do in July!?? I have no doubt you will find me inside in the cool air conditioning, resting on the couch, swollen feet propped up, sipping on water and iced tea for fear I might melt if I step outside for a second. And lets not even talk about the panty hose that I have to wear for work - that is a whole other situation I will have to deal with very soon...

We finally bought curtains for our guest bedroom and Nursery!! Yay! We found some killer sales at Bed Bath and Beyond this week and got these to match the guest bedroom for $14 bucks!


I wanted to match the bedding colors and actually buy our bedding fabric for curtains in the nursery - but geez they were expensive! The website charges $200 just for them to make you curtains to match, and if you buy the fabric - we priced it out - it would still cost roughly $100-150 for fabric and for someone to make them. Um, no thanks. I think these curtains look just fine-thank-you-very-much and they were only $29! I don't think Logan will mind a bit :)


The nursery is coming together nicely - here is the Chest of Drawers top with the cute lamp that matches the bedding. Amy made me the board and of course I will put pics of Mr. Logan once he arrives - then the sweet frame was from our Couples Shower - love it!!


Amber had this sign made for my Dallas shower - it matches perfectly and we hung it on his door!


His little book shelf - too cute! This clock above was actually a gift for my wedding shower - and it worked out perfectly that we get to use it for our baby boy's nursery!

The painted piggy bank and painted frame both came from etsy.com. (I think I mentioned that in a previous post) and I am just collecting little board books and classics for him as he grows.


I am still very much in love with his bedding, it makes me so excited to see it when I walk into the room!


Sweet Blessing Ring that Lauren and John gave to us for our Couples shower - we put all his cards he has received from the showers and in the mail, what a wonderful keepsake. :)



Another shot of the book shelf - and his cute hamper!


He will grow so quickly! I found this precious piece at Hobby Lobby for $2.00! Oh how I love a sale




We are slowly stocking up on diapers and wipes - every other time we go to walmart or the store we try to buy a box. We can always take a box back if we are in need of another size.


Yay! The Diaper Champ fits perfectly inside this space in his changing table/dresser. We couldn't have planned that better - hopefully this will help even more to keep the stinky diaper smell out!


Random pics from our Couples shower from my last post - here are Hannah and I. I love it - we look like Valentines Day with Red and Pink!


Sweet Hubby's! From the Left: Andrew, John, Trey, Luke, and Steven

They look precious - like a Prom Pose - haha
Things are going quite well - Logan is kicking and moving around more and more - he will punch me and I will push back - its a game we like to play :) We have our last birthing class tomorrow night and we talk about Epidurals and C-Sections - fun right? I think I can handle that more than the discussion about episiotomy's - I about passed out during that conversation. Whew! Is it hot in here or is it just me???
Have a Fab start to your week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is really coming together! I cannot wait to see it in person come July! (weekend baby Logan is arriving)...ha-ha! Love you, Amber