5/16/10

Beautiful Couple's Shower!

Saturday we had our Couple's Shower that our very sweet friends threw for us in LR. It was such a special evening - we just had the BEST time sharing this blessing with everyone we love and we felt so very special. :) Somerset and Steven moved here from Tulsa and we are thrilled to have them in LR!!! It was hosted at their apartment in the evening and it was a casual cookout shower - get ready for tons of pics!



Super cute door wreath that Lauren and I bought together to share since we are both having boys this summer - we decided to use it for our showers too! Perfect touch :)

Yummy food table - MMMMMM we had BBQ from one of the best places in LR and it was delish!




Look at this gorgeous diaper cake Somerset made for us! It was breathtaking - perfect colors to match our bedding/color theme for the nursery. She seriously needs to start a business on the side - (in all her spare time right? ha!) She is super creative and talented!! Also - she hid goodies all through the cake for us to find - baby lotions, butt paste, paci's and all sorts of great items.




When we walked into the door we were greeted by this cute table where people could sign a frame for Logan to put in his room - such a sweet idea!








Beautiful food table - they did such an AMAZING job decorating - all the little touches added up to be so perfect.





sorry for the sideways pic - it wouldn't upload correctly ;)

Me and the beautiful hostesses: from left: Irene, Lauren, Me, Amber, and Somerset
I LOVE THESE GIRLS!!


Irene and I

Hubby and I

And just LOOK at this unbelievable cake - Rachel, Lauren's sister, makes gorgeous cakes and I was thrilled when she agreed to make one for our shower - it turned out too perfectly!

That little baby topper is too precious!



The Cake Queen and I (thank you Rachel!!!!)


Mr. Harley - Somerset and Steven's precious bulldog

We played the Dirty Diaper Game - hilarious! Here is Amber telling us the instructions and giving us a sneak peek of what was to come :)


YUM - right? (I think this was the Mound diaper) I got all but one right and I think Trey got every single candy correct!




Cake Time!!!
As you can see, Trey was too excited that Rachel made two different layers - the top was Carrot Cake his all time favorite, and the bottom is my favorite: yellow cake with chocolate frosting!


Amori and Scott - she is one of my Wonder Place girls that I used to work with - so glad they could come!
Gift time! Trey opened all the gifts since this is his only shower - we did the same for our Kitchen Shower since it was Couples when we were engaged. I think he really enjoyed his "time to shine" :)

Our Baby Book for Logan - Yay!!!




My dear penpal, Kaitlin and her husband Ray sent us a gift for us to open. It was so special to have them there in spirit (they live in Virginia). They gave us a sweet card, bottles, and The Giving Tree book - they wrote a very special note inside the book and I couldn't even read it for fear of crying hysterically. I saved it for when I got home and it will be a wonderful keepsake - thank you Kaitlin and Ray!!!!

Love me some monogrammed items!!!



Clearly I was excited or shocked, one or the other, about something that was occurring on the other side of the room - haha Priceless expression.


Beautiful Hannah


Irene and Luke

Amber and Andrew

Lauren and John

Danielle and Bruce


Somerset and Steven

The Two Preggers! Lauren and I touching tummy's - Logan and Austin will be best buds!

Me at 30 weeks!

I feel like I say this all the time - but only because it is so very true. We are just so blessed and lucky to have such amazing friends! We were surrounded by so much support and love on Saturday night it was incredible. My friends did such a fabulous job with the shower down to every detail. A huge THANKS to all my besties - you outdid yourselves and we are so very thankful for the shower for us and Logan. :)
We are spending the rest of the weekend trying to do a little more to the nursery and catching up on Mad Men. It is raining outside - no fun - so spending time with the pups and doing laundry is fine by us!

No comments: