11/22/10

4 Months!

Let me introduce you to Trey's new toy. Meet the Ice Cream attachment for the stand mixer. Instant love. :) He was so excited about this purchase - he bought a cheap Ben and Jerry's recipe book and made lemon sorbet tonight - yum yum! It is fairly easy to use and just runs itself scraping the sides forming ice crystals for about 20-30 minutes. I know Logan will love this when he is older and can help daddy.




My girls took me out to dinner this past Saturday to celebrate my 29th birthday - we had a blast at Cantina Laredo - mexican of course!!





Its crazy how different life is at 29 - and the topic of conversation was...babies! Shocker I know. Poor Somerset - she will be an expert by the time she has her first :)



Mr. Logan in his Turkey Day outfit - love this kiddo



Drool and all :)






Playing on daddy's lap - practicing standing up and sitting down. He loves this game!




We went to his 4 month appt today and he did great - he cried for a second with the shots but quickly got over it with his bottle. He is 15 pounds and 24 inches - average they doctor said. He did a new trick while we were waiting - he reached and grabbed his birdie then pulled it down several times to watch it vibrate back up! I swear he learns new things daily - he is getting so big!



One of my favorite pics - we were in the exam room waiting and he was just looking all around.



So, I asked a bunch of questions and got some good answers. I have to get over my fears and finally put him to sleep in his crib. (prayers are needed for this one!) As I have mentioned before what a paranoid SIDS freak I am. I am taking all the bumpers out which makes me feel better.
She said to do it cold turkey. Put him in a sleeper, place him in the crib, and let him cry. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it! Oh well - I just keep telling myself it won't last forever - after a few days he will get used to this new nighttime routine and this is the last transition for sleeping we'll have to make until he gets a big boy bed. That makes me feel MUCH better! I just know I will place him in the crib and he will think its playtime without being swaddled. But his doctor said it would be much easier at 4 months then waiting until 6 months.
Baby Bootcamp will begin promptly at 7:50 pm on December 4th at the Gould household. Whew - my palms are already starting to sweat!
I am gearing up for Turkey Day - cannot wait to eat all that yummy food!!!

No comments: