9/9/10

We have SMILES!!!

I am just so thrilled that Logan started smiling!! He is 7 weeks old and Trey has seen his sweet smile for a few days - but he finally smiled at me 4 times the other day - yay! It was too precious - melted my heart and I definitely cried happy tears. Ahhhhh makes it all worth it :) I have been trying to capture the smiles on camera and video - posted the pics toward the bottom of the post.

Here is his sweet birth announcement! We were so excited about them - Kristin our photographer did an amazing job and anyone who knows me can tell you that I just eat this stuff right up - invitations, thank you cards, stationary, holiday cards, and announcements - love it all!



Logan has been so great about tummy time - look how strong he is! Of course this is normal for a 6-7 week old but it is very exciting for this first time mommy :)




Random pics coming up -too cute not to show!

Little smile - caught the end of it


play time! He loves his yellow lion - he talks to it all the time and once again - tail end of the smile...


See! Mesmorized by the yellow lion - too funny!


There's a sweet smile - though he closed his eyes right as I took the pic


Hilarious! Definitely a stink face - haha


Cooing to his friends on the playmat


Tummy time!




Melts. My. Heart. Love this boy




Tongue smile!


he fell asleep with his arms/hands in the air - crazy how babies can sleep in these weird positions!



Loves sleeping on his daddy


Sweet Face!
Well - I got out of the house with Logan and ran two errands for the first time yesterday. And now I know why I haven't done it before and might not do it again! Geez - my arm muscles will be so defined by his first birthday I might need to be featured with Women Body Builders of America - no joke. Okay, I know I am not in the best shape of my life (or any shape for that matter) but seriously, I was huffing and puffing, sweating, and my arms were shaking like a holiday jello mold from carrying him around in his car seat. I toted him into the post office to get stamps and Walgreen's to buy Soph some treats. Those two errands did me in. I was so exhausted by the end I treated myself to a yummy non fat, no whip, decaf Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (YES! They are BACK in time for fall!) Lets not even get into the discussion that it does not FEEL like fall outside - it was H. O. T. yesterday and even though I sweated while drinking it, it was soooo delish and very worth it. So - I had a very productive day running my two errands and Logan loved every minute of it - except the car ride home where he screamed the entire way back. Bless his heart. No mamma ever wants to see baby tears streaming down that sweet angel face. Broke my heart into little pieces. Once he got his lips on that bottle when we got home the crying was history - he forgave me for taking so long to get home (the whole 2-3 minutes) and even gave me a smile mid feeding :)
Here are the smiles - didn't get a full on smile, but this will do for now!




I wanted to record some of my must-haves for mommy hood to remember. I couldn't make it without these wonderful items:
1. Nap Nanny - enough said.
2. Medela Pump and my Hands Free Bra (so amazing I bought 3!)
3. Dr Browns Bottles - fabulous
4. Super cute burp cloths with his monogram (yes I really believe this helps me get through the day)
5. Bottle Warmer
6. Gus - his horse Wubbanub that he is slowly falling in love with
7. Swing and Bouncy Seat
8. Book - Baby's First Year Week by Week (so I know what is next and to look forward too)
9. Humidifier - we use it every night because Logan has congestion otherwise
10. Last but certainly not least is to have a super supportive and hands-on hubby and family/friends. I couldn't ask for more - everyone has been so wonderful!!!
Here is a video clip of his little smiles - It is kinda of dark and please excuse my voice - It is always weird to hear what you sound like on video - is that really me?? haha

No comments: