9/15/10

2 Months Already!?

Is it possible Logan is already 2 months old? I can hardly believe it - and I know every mom says that - but seriously - 2 months??? I still feel like I just gave birth in the hospital. (but maybe that's because I still remember vivid details of the labor/birthing process that I am painfully trying to forget! Where are those lovely hormones that are supposed to take away the memories of the gut wrenching pain??) But the past 2 months have flown by and I couldn't be happier with my precious gift from God. :)

Logan swaddled tight - happy as a clam
Add Image

Logan's play area - we have this other side to our living room and it has been so great to keep his stuff away from Sophie - we have a gate all around so she can't get inside to lick him to death (and play with his toys).


Ummm - this CAN'T be comfortable can it? Babies sleep in the weirdest ways - I am in pain just looking at this picture - ha!


I have an exciting announcement to make! Logan slept in his CRIB for a nap for 1 hour and 15 minutes yesterday!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! This is HUGE since he hasn't slept in his crib at all. I swaddled him and he slept for just 5 minutes then pooped. So, he cried, I changed him, and fed him again - then when he fell asleep in his swing after 30 minutes of swinging he was good and asleep. I put him in the crib where he tossed and turned for a little while, but then finally went back to sleep - ahhhhhhhh I was in heaven and so proud of my little guy! Not quite ready for him to sleep there at night - but we are making progress! yay! Of course I stared at the video monitor the ENTIRE hour and 15 minutes - every grunt, every stir, every movement I watched like a hawk. What did I think was going to happen? I don't know - but I am a paranoid SIDS freak - lets be honest. I have this paralyzing fear that somehow he will flip over on his own - even though its far too early for him to have mastered that skill. I can't explain it - I am constantly pulling blankets down to his feet, making sure his zipper sleepers don't come near his nose, and turning his head to the side when burping him. P A R A N O I D. It's exhausting!





Sweet Smile! Happy baby!


Playing on his mat - talking to his animals


Lauren and I went to our first Moms & More bible study on Tuesday and it was amazing! We are so excited to have these other new mommies in our study with babies around the same age as ours - what a great experience to share mommyhood with these wonderful women - can't wait! Its every Tuesday from 9-11 am. I just felt so good knowing that these other women are going through similar things right now - lack of sleep, survival mode, forgetting simple things, and trying to balance daily life with a newborn/infant - what a blessing!
I did post two videos below - both are playtime - one is on his mat and the other is tummy time. Once again- please excuse my voice! :)

Well, its night time for this mamma - hopefully we'll get some much needed rest tonight!

No comments: