9/23/10

2 Month Checkup

Logan had his 2 month checkup on Tuesday and he did great! Our little chunk is 12 pounds 10 ounces and 23 inches long - wow! His head is 15 1/2. Of course there were shots at this appointment - I did pretty good. I was nervous but knew he had to have them - and he would get them then the pain would be over in a few seconds. I teared up once then it was over. He cried a big cry for about a minute then calmed down once we talked to him and started putting his onesie back on. Whew - we survived our first set of shots!

Dr. Youngblood said he looked great and healthy which we were relieved to hear. I knew he felt heavy, but you never know if they are growing on track or if you are doing everything right as parents. It helped to have someone else reassure us we are doing something right! :)

She did say to remove all the bumpers out of the crib until the SIDS risk is over - around 6 months or so. I think I am gonna do it. I am such a SIDS paranoid freak (as previously mentioned in a blog post or two) so I will put away the super cute bumpers and bring them back out when he is older. To be honest, he doesn't sleep in his crib yet. He has taken 2 naps in there, for about an hour, but nothing more. I have the video monitor setup but I can't put him in there for night time just yet. I am thinking around 3months? Yep, that sounds good :)

You can see one of his little orange band aids on his leg - poor little guy


Upset face - awwwwww


He has been playing hard with his toys - smiles are happening more and more each day and he plays on his mat at least 3 times a day! Here he is talking away to Liam the Yellow Lion.


He is Obsessed with Liam - he coos at him every time I set him on the mat and sometimes he will just quietly stare at him. Too cute!


He is just so precious - It is crazy how much love you can have for a tiny little baby. One of my favorite parts of the day is watching him learn while he plays and talking to him. I read a book to him during playtime today "Guess How Much I Love You." He quietly stared at him and cooed while I read the book. Precious moment. I can't wait until he gets older and loves for me to read to him. Apparently at 9 weeks is when they can start giggling out loud - I am dying to hear that!
I posted on my facebook status how crazy running simple errands can be with an infant. A quick trip to the Post Office turns into a 2 hour ordeal. We had to change. Feed. Change again from spit up. Feed more. More spit up so a change. Feed me while I held the fussy infant. Pump. Change again (yes spit up is still the culprit). Then we get into the car seat and poop. Literally - coming out all sides. Ohhh yes. A MAJOR blow out. So, you guessed it! Changed again. Then finally, we were on our way out the door. 2 hours later. And it took all of 1 minute at the Post office. Life is definitely different now - but I wouldn't have it ANY other way :)

No comments: