4/12/10

Dallas Shower Weekend

I had the most wonderful, perfect weekend in Dallas for my first Baby Shower. I just feel so unbelievably blessed and lucky to have such an amazing support system of family and friends. Logan is one very loved and spoiled baby boy! :)

Mom and I drove to Dallas on Thursday and stayed at GrandMary's house. We had El Fenix Mexican that night - sooo good! Then, we ate BBQ on Friday and I drove to Irving to see Amber and tour her hotel where she works. We picked up Miss Aubrey her precious daughter, and we went to the park to play with her. (shame on me for not taking any pics!) But we had a blast and it is so neat to see how big Aubrey is and all that she can do. I still remember when she was 6 months old eating cereal for the first time! Oh how time flies. Andrew picked up Aubrey and Amber and I went to Fireside Pies to have pizza and cheese salad! (Yes, you read that right - CHEESE salad - I was in heaven)

Somerset and Lauren flew into Dallas Friday evening and all the girls met at Grand Lux to have dessert while they had a snack. I ordered a delish Shirley Temple and enjoyed every sip.


Somerset and Lauren

Amber and I


Our oh-so-tasty desserts

We checked into the hotel and finally went to sleep - we were exhausted! Saturday was my first baby shower and it was hosted by my family at my Aunt's house. They truly did a spectacular job - everything looked so beautiful and the food was yummy too!
Look at this amazing table - my diaper cake made by Amy and the little cakes - also M&M's with "Logan Holland" on them - too stinkin cute!




Amy also made this wonderful picture board for me in the nursery room colors - she asked me to bring a few pics of Trey and I when we were little and one of the sonogram. How cute is this display? I am excited to put this in his little room!


I sipped on lemonade and greeted each guest as they arrived. So many of my dear friends came - some all the way from Little Rock/Fayetteville and others live in the Dallas area. My cousins were there as well as my GrandMary and some of her family. My Sister in law and niece also came which was so sweet since they drove from San Antonio! I definitely felt like a very lucky girl - it was such a special day.
I brought my little guest book to write what gifts/who gave them so I can have it to remember and to write thank-you notes. Somerset started this and made it for my Wedding showers and I continuted the tradition for my Baby Showers. I bought cute stickers to add to it and voila!
Here are some pics of me opening presents...
My Nap Nanny!

My mom holding his giraffe lovie - too cute!


Look at these cute monogrammed burp clothes - love it!!!

Baby Rattle - Grandma Janie gave this to me - so sweet


Jess and John - dear friends that live in Dallas


Trey will be proud...






Super cute sign Amber gave me - can't wait to see this in his room!





Logan's first Taekwondo uniform that Andrew bought for him - it is blue and too cute!




Amber and I

John and I


Somerset and I


Jess, Somerset, Grandma Janie, me, and Lauren

The two preggers! Lauren is 3 weeks behind me (she had the Gender Reveal Party from my last post)

My mom and I


Irene and I


Lauren, Irene, Somerset, Me, Jess, Amber - such amazing friends!!!


My mom, me, GrandMary, and Aunt Barbara


My Niece Alex, me, and Sister in Law Claudia


My dear cousins - Ashley, me, Amber, and Amy


Group pic


Susan, my moms good friend, me and mom


Ashley and Mr. Brooks - her sweet baby boy

I had so much fun I didn't want it to end - Logan received so many fabulous gifts, we are so fortunate and he will be so spoiled with all this cute stuff!! :)
Saturday night we went to Matt's Mexican for my very favorite cheese dip in the whole world - Bob Armstrong Dip!! It is To Die For. Seriously. It is yummy yellow cheese dip and then they add Guacamole, taco meat, and sour cream - sooooo addicting! We always order two large bowls to start off with!


Jess stirring the famous Bob dip!





We ate so much and it was oh so good! We were all so tired we headed back to the hotel after dinner and passed out in bed. We got up Sunday and drove back to Little Rock.
I cannot believe this is the last major trip I will take before I have a BABY!!!! I honestly cannot believe it - when will it hit me that I am delivering a baby in July??? I will always treasure this wonderful trip spending time with my best friends and sweet family. Precious memories to keep forever :)

No comments: