1/10/10

Life is Sweet

I have been bad about blogging during the week - I will try to be better about that :) We have been pretty busy at the Gould household - cleaning up Christmas decorations (yes they are still stacked in my living room in boxes driving me insane - its just been too cold to put them in the attic!) And this past weekend Amber and Andrew came into town with their daughter, Aubrey and we got to spend some time with them. Shame on me, I didn't take any pics - poop.

But I spent time with Amber on Saturday - most of the day and we event went to Babies R Us so she could show me all the fabulous baby items to buy and register for - she is a godsend!! I learned so much!

They brought us a baby gift for Baby G which was so very sweet of them. It is a little ducky bathrobe and a duck that tells you if the bathtub water is too hot. I know all the moms out there already know about the neat new items - but I am just learning and happen to think they are the coolest invention EVER! Whoever came up with that is a genius!

How cute is this little robe??? Adorable!!



I think I forgot to post our very first baby gift from Irene and Luke - they brought us a Razorback which is fitting because we do live in Arkansas - even though Trey and I are not fans and don't follow games - we really aren't sports people - but we can appreciate the gift and purpose! We would probably be stoned if anyone knew we didn't have a single item that supported the Arkansas Razorbacks - so thanks to Irene and Luke for keeping us safe :) They are dear friends!


I have been reading up a storm! From What to Expect While Expecting - to Budgeting for Baby, to this FABULOUS book - The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. Let me just say that this is by far the funniest, sweetest, and most real book I have read so far - It is written from a mom of four and it includes tons of stories and anecdotes from other moms which makes it very funny and very true. No Doctor's weighing in on the conversation - just plain ole girl talk. The labor and delivery section is absolutely hysterical - and I feel better prepared just reading that than half the medical books I own - I definitely recommend it for any ladies trying to conceive and who are pregnant!



I have been feeling better - whew - those first few weeks, or months, are unreal. It is nothing like I thought it would be, I always pictured when I found out I was pregnant birds would start chirping, a choir of angels would sing in my head for weeks, and I would be floating through life, happy as a clam. Oh was I wrong. Of course I was excited - thrilled to death that my lifelong dream was finally coming true - I am going to be a mom! But, the nausea, day sickness, and exhaustion is enough to send me over the edge. Oh and the hormones. Constantly keeping food in your stomach - so you won't throw up, or keeping the right food in there so you won't throw up, and trying to make it to work on time - after several trips to the Porcelain God is almost impossible. Its enough to just wanna throw in the towel and say "Just Kidding! I can't do this - wake me up from this dream!" But, then, you remember that you are baking a human - a tiny life is inside of you growing, daily, and this little bean needs you to be strong and make it through each day - no matter how bad you feel. That is when a Mom is born. Of course I don't really feel like a mom yet - but I know I am grooming to be one - and that is so exciting!

So, bring on the nausea, the complete exhaustion, the crazy hormones that cause you to cry, scream, and freak out all in the same minute. I can do this. I will do this. And Wednesday when we can hear the heartbeat for the first time, all of that stuff will go away - it will disappear - just knowing there is a little life inside of me. :)

I will definitely update after our Wednesday appointment!! Have a good start to your week!

No comments: