1/21/10

Cone Anyone?

Well, I had a kinda crappy day. Work was very busy and I am stressed about this very large convention I have coming in Monday of next week and to top everything off - I am in charge of their Pre Con Meeting which will have roughly 30 people in attendance and I have to lead the darn thing! Eek! I HATE speaking in front of people - and I am very nervous. Ugh.

So, at the end of my crazy day, I was pulling out of my parking spot in the garage of the hotel and wham! I run over this stupid cone. Yep, just lovely. I got out of my car to see if I could pull it out and it was hooked in the middle underneath my car. Seriously?! I had a dress on and there was NO way I was getting on the dirty group of that nasty parking garage to pull it out. So, I drove very fast down the lane thinking it would magically come out on its own. No such luck. So, I pulled back around to the Security office and ran inside like a mad woman (did I mention I had to stay at work late today and I wanted to GET HOME!) I begged the guard to help me pull this crazy cone from under my car. Thank goodness he came out and climbed under my car and got the cone. Yay! It was pretty torn up - I mean they are supposed to be bendable right? So, I returned the pathetic looking cone to its home and was on my way!



Moving right along! So, I bought a trashcan for our guest bedroom and it is very different - but cute and matches the room decor. I was going to go for a black or silver one, but this stood out and called my name!




I think it matches pretty well - purple and green are the colors of choice for our guest bedroom to spruce it up a little :)

I also bought ribbon this weekend for my Dress Me Up Platter that my MIL got me for a Southern Living present - how cute is this plate?! Of course I will use it to entertain in the future, but for now, it is too cute to leave in a cabinet - so here it is in my guest bathroom, matching ribbon to the colors, and holding my perfume!



A shot of our guest bathroom - nothing new, but I was so excited I found the ribbon to almost match perfectly and it was on sale!

Tonight, like most nights recently, Trey cooked an amazing dinner! He made goat cheese stuffed chicken, sauteed squash and zucchini, and mashed potatoes - YUM!!






What a sweet hubby I have - I love it that he likes to cook!!! :)

No comments: