8/4/10

If Tears Could Build a Stairway...

I'd walk right up to doggie heaven and bring you home again. Oh how my heart hurts. Aches. We lost our precious Bella last night. She has been having a rough few months and definitely few weeks. She had an enlarged heart and her trachea was collapsing both of which are very common in Pomeranian's. Even though she had a tough couple of weeks we never imagined it would lead to her death. She was breathing very hard and had a rattling sound which sounded like fluid in her lungs yesterday. We knew the Vet would just keep her overnight again to monitor her so we decided to see how she felt the next morning since she did eat her dinner the night before and she seemed alert when you called her name. Trey and I took Logan out to dinner with his family one last time before they went back to Texas. We were only gone 2 hours. We came home and she didn't come to greet us when we walked in the house so I went looking for her. I found her in my closet laying down and I called her name and clapped my hands. When she didn't look up or respond I immediately knew something was horribly wrong. I screamed and ran outside to find Trey. He ran in and went in to check on her. At the same time, my mom came in the house and she knelt beside her and couldn't find a heartbeat. I feel sick just typing those words. How did this happen? We left and she was alive - not doing great, but alive and seemingly alert.

It has been one of the hardest days of my life. She was my first baby - my furry child, my Bella. She was almost 9 years old - October was her birthday. She had so much life left to live - but her little body couldn't keep up with all the health problems.


I have been in a haze all day - moping around. Grieving. It hurts so bad. The pain is so intense that I can barely catch my breath. I wanted to post a few pics from her little life. She was loved by many - and will forever be remembered in photographs and by our memories. She was the best dog - such a little joy.

Me and my adorable girl - isn't she photogenic? And gorgeous!



she LOVED her bones/treats!



Pretty girl - I swear she really understood what we were saying to her. She would cock her head side to side when we talked to her.


Love this pic. So glad we have it.


Chilling in her crate


She loved walks and adored her Daddy :)


I always dressed her up for Halloween - what a cute little pumpkin!



This is the last picture we have of our sweet girl. This was taken the day before yesterday. Thank goodness I have this photo. I don't really know why I even took it - I was busy snapping shots of Logan and she was right there so I got a shot of her. Precious memories.
Sweet Bella. Your Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, and Grandaddy miss you more than you will ever know. We loved you so much - thank you for being the little light in our lives and the pitter patter next to our feet.

1 comment:

The Brewers said...

I know I'm a little behind, but I am so sorry about your baby Bella. I have furry babies too, and I'm convinced that loosing a furry baby is just as hard as loosing a family member or friend. I've been praying for y'all.