8/10/10

Happy 3 Weeks Logan!

Logan is 3 weeks old today! I cannot believe how old he is and yet how little time has passed. It feels like he has been in our lives for a couple of months! He is still a laid back baby - he loves to sleep and eat! He sleeps really well during the day - at least 2 4-6 hour stretches and lots of little naps. Most of the time during the day we have to wake him up to eat. Night has been a challenge - but that is very normal. I try to tell myself that when I am up from 9 pm until 4 am with not a wink of sleep. On a very positive note - at least he isn't screaming or crying during the waking hours - thank goodness! I know it could be MUCH worse. And it could still happen - he could still develop Colic or just start crying at any time. I am holding my breath to see if that will happen. But maybe not - and I will be perfectly okay with that too ;)
But so far, the only time he cries is when he is being changed or he is dirty. He will get fussy when he is hungry but as soon as the bottle is near his lips he lunges at it and drinks like a champ. He makes all these little grunts and noises during meal time - it is too cute!!
Trey has been such a huge help - I had a little breakdown the other night when I had been up all day without a nap and he was looking like he was not going to sleep at all so I started crying from lack of sleep and exhaustion from crying over Bella. Not to mention the emotions and hormones of just giving birth and trying to produce enough milk and pump it out - whew! It got the best of me. So he took him in the living room and let me sleep all night. He even woke me up every 3 hours with my pumping stuff so I could pump and go back to sleep. What a good Daddy and Hubby!!
My mom has also been a lifesaver - she has watched Logan several times for me to run errands and for us to go on a date night and out to dinner with friends the other night. She has also come over to spend the night with me and keep Logan so I could get some sleep. Thanks Mom!! You have been more help than you will ever know! :)

Mr. Sleepy Head...





His scrunchy/mad face - this is the same face he made during the 4 D ultrasound - hilarious!






Miss Sophie has really been too funny - she is obsessed with Logan. We can't quite figure it out - she wants to be near him at all times and she loves to kiss his feet when he is in his bouncy seat. Here she is standing next to his swing just hanging out.
Here she is laying on a pillow next to him on the couch - she will lay and watch him sleep for hours.
This is the best pic of her - she has her little nose laying on the nap nanny watching over him. It is too sweet. I guess her mothering instincts are kicking in. We weren't sure how she would act and I am so glad she is loving him rather than growling and barking at him. Of course we aren't leaving him alone with her, ever, because after all - she is a dog. You never know. But I think these two might just be BFF before too long :)





Tired Daddy and Logan - so sweet





Tummy time! He likes it for about a minute or two - maybe less :) You gotta start sometime!




We are so thankful for this happy healthy baby boy. He has really been a blessing since Bella passing and Sophie definitely helps keep my mind from wandering. We are going to give Logan his first official bath tonight since the cord fell off yesterday - yay! I will take pics and post them soon. I will try to update the blog more than once a week - esp with photos since he is growing so quickly. I think he is filling out more and is fitting into his 0-3 clothes better.
We are playing the waiting game for Mr. Austin to arrive - Lauren had an appt today and it should be any day now - hopefully this week/weekend! If not, definitely next week. We can't wait to meet you Austin Simmons!!! :)

No comments: