12/28/09

A Whole New World...

Trey and I have been thrown into a Whole New World with the news of Baby G. Oh yes, we even discovered a new section in Walmart - Baby World. Oh my - it was overwhelming! We ventured over to find diapers - yes diapers - because we figured we would try to start this pregnancy off on the right foot and buy diapers each time we go to the store to stock up and save them so we are not rushing out to buy them every week once the baby arrives. Plus, we will probably be strapped for cash during those first few months (okay who are we kidding - the next 18 +years!) but we wanted to buy as much as possible and have it here and ready. Great idea huh? Well it was until we discovered that the tiny newborn diapers are a whooping $18.99! I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally understand the need for diapers, but WOW. Maybe we will just buy them every other time we shop at Walmart. ;)


It was a surreal experience buying them in the checkout lane - I felt like we were buying them for a friend or something - very strange - it didn't feel real. I guess it will soon enough!

So, we had a Wonderful Christmas!! Very low key and we hosted it at our house for my parents and Trey's mom. It was perfect - everyone helped out and brought food items and Trey cooked the tenderloin - yum!


Trey searing away....


The meat before it hit the oven...



I tried a new recipe - a broccoli and rice casserole which turned out pretty good!


Trey helped me chop the broccoli and Sophie was underfoot - as always - and she caught a piece that fell to the floor. Hilarious, she ate the entire piece! Bella always sniffs and licks the strange veggie pieces that fall to the floor, but if it isn't cheese or meat she sticks her nose up and refuses to eat it. Not Sophie, she will eat ANYTHING. So here she is munching away!



At least its a healthy snack!



I didn't get any pics of the family over Christmas - how awful! That definitely won't happen next year with Baby G in the mix - there will be plenty of photos!
We have been staying low and resting - or I have been - because I am exhausted all the time. And sick - so that hasn't been too fun. But I know the first trimester is full of exhaustion and morning sickness so I understand.
Back to work for me and gearing up for New Years Eve!!

No comments: