12/6/09

It was a SLAH Weekend!!

Whew! What a busy past couple of weekends - I am ready for a break and rest! Last weekend was our Fall Party and this Saturday I hosted a Southern Living At Home party at my house - it was so much fun! I prepared all day Thursday and Friday and got all my Christmas decorations out and ready for the Christmas themed SLAH party. Lauren is a consultant and she did an amazing job - yay Lauren!

Let me start with pics of the tree - oh and this is my year, again, for Christmas. Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Trey and I trade years. When we got married we decided we didn't want to compromise for Christmas since he loves a tree with white lights, very classic, and I love colored lights and PINK! So, we decided to be a little different and switch off years - one year we do his decorations and have a pre-lit white tree and white lights outside, and the next year we have a pre-lit colored tree and colored lights and different colored decor that includes pink. :) The only problem is that last year was my year and this year is mine too - we couldn't afford to spend money on a prelit white tree this year, so we are waiting until they go on sale after Christmas - so next year will be Trey's. This honestly worked perfectly since my decor tends to be more girly and I hosted the Southern Living party this year.


Oh, and we don't have a tree skirt yet, they are pricey and we were waiting until a sale at the end of the season - so that we could find a monogrammed one - I love the ones at PB!


I received many of these very pretty ornaments from PB from my Christmas Shower during our engagement - they are gorgeous and are so special to me to pass down...




Love love love my pink and silver glittery ball ornaments!!



Onto the Party! I made the 7 layer dip again for this party which was yummy -



and from my Blondes Can Cook cook book I made this chocolate chip cookie cream cheese bars - they were tasty!



I set out most of the decor, but Lauren came over early and helped place a few items out from SLAH to present and show how they can be used in the home.... soo cute!


SLAH items...

Little "thank you" gift bags that I totally forgot to hand out - how embarrassing!!! I will give them to everyone when I drop off orders! :)


The table - love all those colors coming together!


The super cute door hanger from SLAH that Lauren got me as a bday present - for cards or pics!








We did have a great time, thanks to all the Ladies who showed up - I had a blast with you all!
Now, onto a busy week... Bruce is getting married this next weekend and I am making a dip and maybe oreo balls - and I need to find a dress! Yikes!
On a more serious note, I just found out today that my best friend's husband lost his mother this morning. She was so young and passed away in her sleep last night and they are absolutely devastated. They do not know a cause as of yet. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through - please send prayers their way. Irene and Luke, my heart goes out to you both during this time of deep sorrow....

No comments: