12/13/09

It's The MOST Wonderful Time of the Year!

Ahhhhh, I love the Holidays - first we get Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and now Christmas!!!! I know everyone says this is their favorite time of the year - and I am definitely one of those people! I love the cold air, the chance of snow, the holiday lights, the decorations, Christmas Cards, hot chocolate, Christmas music, winter clothes and coats, super cute scarfs, and the magical feeling that sticks with you all through the season - the magical feeling of giving!


Now, this year, there is another reason I love the Holidays so much and we have so much to be thankful for...


And that reason is.....

We are....





Yep! You read that right - I am pregnant and we are expecting our first baby in July!!! We are thrilled to death and are still getting used to the idea that we are going to have a baby - we are going to be parents to this little miracle and that is A LOT to take in! :)

It is still very early on - I am about 8-9 weeks, and I know it is standard practice to wait until the end of the first trimester to share this news, but that is not me. I would rather my dear friends and family (and blog friends) know and start praying for our growing family, and that way we have full support in case something were to happen. If no one knows, we would go through this alone and that does not sound comforting to me at all. So, we wanted to share our glorious news!!

We actually found out on our trip to Washington, DC a day after my birthday! For some reason I took pregnancy tests with us - I have no idea why - and our luggage was delayed for a day. So, the next day, Nov 14th, before we went out to dinner (and before I indulged in a few glasses of wine) I took a test. And low and behold within a minute it comes back positive. I was so shocked that I flung open the hotel bathroom door and ran over to Trey. He and I both kept repeating "oh my god oh my god". Finally, I took the other test and it read the same results. For some crazy reason, don't' ask me why, I thought the tests had been tampered with or something happened in the cargo bend of the plane so we ran to the CVS pharmacy and bought a few more just to be safe. I took those and positive, positive, positive. WHOA. We didn't know what to think or how to react. You see, October was our first month to, well, "have fun" in hopes over the next year or so we would be blessed with that positive pregnancy test. ;)

So, it was actually very cool because we were on vacation and we had time to take it in and talk about it and our future. We had these amazing days together without work worries and stress - it was the perfect time to find out. Honestly, a blessing! We decided to wait and tell our parents on Thanksgiving since that was coming up very soon and it would be a neat way to tell them on the most Thankful day of the year.

When we got back to LR, I went to Babies R Us and bought my MIL and my mom a turkey day bib (see below) and a photo frame for my MIL, my mom and my Dad.


I typed out a little paragraph of what was going on with the baby at that week and put it in the frame for our parents to read and that is how they found out we were pregnant! I think if you click on the picture, it will blow it up so you can read the wording better...



They were shocked and thrilled too - everyone cried and we spent the holiday in pure excitement! So, I went to my first Doctor appointment December 10th and we did the first sonogram - of course you can't really see anything - but I think she said the little blob on the right is where the baby is - inside of that blob. Haha - it is that tiny! I go back on January 7th and hopefully we can hear the heartbeat this time. It was too little to hear it, we could see it moving, but no sound.



It's amazing isn't it? For a while I didn't feel anything and I begun to wonder if I were actually pregnant - but spending every morning with my face in the toilet is proof it is true. I am really tired and puny, but for the most part I feel okay. I know this first trimester is rough - once I make it through that I will feel much better and more like myself!

We hope everyone has a very merry holiday season!!

2 comments:

Irene Adams said...

I am so excited for you and Trey! I can't wait to meet Little Gould at the end of the summer!

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by from Bue-eyed boy! Congrats to you and your family! I also am pregnant and due August 7. This will be my third. Good luck, being pregnant is the best, even though I am sick still I love it!