12/13/09

Bitter Sweet Weekend....

Talk about a weekend full of emotions from different ends of the spectrum. There was a Funeral and a Wedding all in the same weekend. I am absolutely exhausted! On Friday, I drove to Luke's mother's Visitation in Monticello, AR. which is around 2 hours away. (Trey was at the Rehearsal dinner for Bruce's wedding) I was so sad I couldn't be there for the funeral on Saturday, but Bruce was getting married that day, so I was glad I got to attend on Friday. My heart breaks for Irene and Luke during this sad time. It was good to see them on Friday, and the visitation was beautiful. Irene did a great job on the photo montage of the family and I enjoyed seeing Luke's mom in the years past. We still don't know a reason for her untimely passing, hopefully they will know something soon. Please continue to send prayers their way - uplift their family - especially during this holiday season.

On Saturday, Bruce and Danielle got married!! I drove to Heber Springs/Rose Bud for the wedding/reception. Trey was one of the best men and he was so sweet to help setup that morning and help in any way that he could. I am so proud of the man I married - he is so willing to help and he is such a respectable man. I just feel so lucky and blessed to be his wife. :)

In Bruce Tradition - of course there were some funny/quirky moments to the wedding. For one, Trey wore a Sargent's uniform to match Bruce and his other best man. Bruce got him a name tag that read "Radar" which is a nickname that stemmed from one of those "you had to be there" times. Too funny!



Bruce checking Trey's uniform...


The beautiful Bride Danielle and her Maids of Honor







Mr. and Mrs. Moyer!!

Trey and I (sorry a little blurry, my inside setting was not working)

Trey and his mom


Trey and Bruce sparring during the reception. Bruce and Danielle had this idea - it was very interesting and quite funny. You know me, I tried to tell Bruce it was not appropriate behavior for a wedding reception - but the crowd seemed to love it! They only almost knocked the cake over once... ;)




The Electric Slide - aka "its time to get funky...."



How low can you go?



The poor car - Bruce's extra car that he affectionately calls his "POS" was decorated by his friends - Trey and I had nothing to do with this!

Today, I just cleaned and did some laundry - nothing major. Cannot believe work is creeping back tomorrow - geez can't we all have the couple of weeks leading up to the most magical time of the year OFF??? Is that too much to ask for? :)

No comments: