11/29/09

Yay for Turkey Day!!!

I am a little late posting for Thanksgiving, but we have been busy around here! I was MOD on Turkey Eve, lovely I know, and Trey spent a majority of his time off cooking. We went over to my parents house for a delish early dinner and had such a great time!

First, I wanna show you the new chandlier we installed in our kitchen - we LOVE IT and it feels more complete!


Here are a few decorations I put up on the tops of the shelving in the kitchen - its a work in progress. :)


And my Gobble Gobble plate for turkey day - firefly studio does a fantastic job!!

And onto the FOOD! We had my personal favorite: Mac and Cheese! Trey's homemade was sooo yummy!


We had squash with sweet potato spread, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, rolls, turkey, gravey, and dressing.





We had cherry and french apple pies for dessert - as you can see Trey was WAY excited about his apple pie! ha!





I am SO thankful for my family - they are amazing!

Then, the rest of Thanksgiving, I cleaned and baked for my 3rd Annual Fall Party that I host every year with Irene. It is always at my house and the preparations were in full swing by Turkey Day.

Here are Irene's famous Oreo Balls - YUMO~!


My famous 7 layer dip


The spread: Pecan Pralines, 7 layer dip, oreo balls, enchilada dip, cake balls, chocolate no bakes and Trey's cheese dip.





We didn't have a huge crowd this year, I think it is sort of an off year for everyone. Most of our friends from High School didn't come into town, and we missed them! But it was still fun and we enjoyed seeing everyone :)


Irene and her sister Caitlin and her girlfriend


Trey sippin on his drink


Bruce and his fiance Danielle - they are getting married on Dec 12!!


Hannah, Lauren, John


Trey and I


Irene and Luck acting silly



The Hostesses with the Mostesses! ;)


Bruce and Trey


More serious Bruce and Trey


We had a great time and we definitely look foward to next year!! Hope your turkey day was wonderful!

No comments: