11/3/09

Whew!

We have had a super busy weekend - clearly I forgot to blog so it must have been busy - but here is the update. After three long and tedious trips to Home Depot and Lowe's this weekend, we finally have our paint selected, the chandelier for the Kitchen, silver spray paint for the gold hinges, and tons of other necessity items that will help with painting and finishing the baseboards. WHEW! When will this end?????

We are on the last little bit of the kitchen - Trey started painting it today - YAY! And my part will be what I like to call "Project Hinge". I will be removing all hinges and spraying them silver to match all of our other hardware. This is seemingly simple, but I am quite sure it will be a challenge this weekend. This is my first serious project all by myself so I am kinda excited. :)


These hinges will soon be silver! And the knobs will be replaced with silver ones - we purchased them at Home Depot, and I will put them on when the cabinets are off due to the hinges. Also part of Project Hinge.



Here is a picture of a new knob that was our tester - love it!


And here is Miss Soph trying to wait patiently for us to get finished in the kitchen on Sunday. Such a good sit!

The other exciting news is that we just purchased a brand new Washer/Dryer tonight!! This is bittersweet because this was not part of our remodel plan, but it is exciting to pick out brand new items! I will show a picture tomorrow when they arrive - I so desperately need to wash clothes - so I will be using that baby tomorrow night ;)
Hope everyone is doing well - we had a low key Halloween weekend. We saw Amber and Andrew which was nice and just did household projects - YAY FOR NOVEMBER!!!!!


No comments: