11/10/09

Projects Projects Projects!

I am TIRED. Soooo tired of projects - when will they ever be complete????? Unfortunately, that answer is never! ha! At least the big ones will be over and done and checked off the list ;)

I am late getting this up, but Friday and Saturday we started and completed Project Hinge and painting the entire kitchen 2 coats yellow and 2 coats white on the bottom. Trey also stripped the chair rail and baseboards and then painted them twice - whew - he is exhausted. I am exhausted. It is getting to the point where it is not fun anymore, we are just so ready for it to be done and to enjoy the finished product! I think we are at that point!! All we have to do is let it dry and then we can begin moving the table and other items back into our kitchen.

This is what my entire living room/hallway area looked like most of the weekend! Adorned in cabinets...


The old knobs...



Random pic of Soph - she is always right there with us - hoping we will hurry and finish and pick her up!



Old gold hinge...



Spraying the hinges and nails - this was one of the toughest projects I have ever - and will ever - do! I personally used Trey's electric drill and unscrewed each hinge and then once they were dry, I screwed the back onto the cabinets. Oh, and we had to sand EACH and EVERY hinge! UGH! That was torture.........



Trey's project - yellow and white paint, chair rails/base boards...



Letting the stripping do its job...



Ta Da! The finished product! Well, almost, I didn't take a complete finished picture - but you get the drift... silver hinges and matching knobs!!!! YAY!



Once everything is put back into place I will take "After" pics and put them up. We still have to put the Chandelier up along with lights. I have a party the day after Turkey Day so it will definitely be ready by then :)
Other exciting News! This Friday is my birthday - the Big 28! ( I cannot believe I am that close to 30!!!!!! OMG) It falls on Friday the 13th this year which is neat because I was born on Friday the 13th - how cool is that? ;)

No comments: