1/29/12

Growing Up...

He keeps growing. I know, I know. Its CRAZY how quick this happens and sometimes I look at him and he is well, just bigger. Like his ears have grown - and his head looks larger. Hands and feet too. Ugh - I feel like next time I blink he will be waving goodbye and off to college! YIKES!!! It scares me so much so that all morning we have been at home playing and doing whatever the little toddler wants to do. He has my complete undivided attention! Its been so fun :) Not that he doesn't have my attention most of the time - but life is busy. There are always dishes to be washed, loads of clothes to be folded, and cleaning to be completed. Not to mention trying to keep up with my Thirty-One business, start writing again, and trying to get my fitness on and lose the rest of this weight and tone up!!!
To document I have lost 30 lbs so far! Hooray! And going strong...I am doing this Beast Challenge with some friends where its a point system for the month of February and the winner/top 3 get a cash prize!!!!!!!! Its on like donkey kong :)
Okay so my update from his 18 month appt is 25 lbs which is the 37th percentile, height is 34 inches (but lets be honest - I really don't think he is that much because he was kicking , screaming, and thrashing all around so the doctor said that wasn't too accurate) Head is 183/4. He didn't have the best appt because he hates to be restrained and doesnt like people touching him or messing with him - so he freaked out about being weighed so much so that Trey had to hold him and weigh himself! He kept pushing the nurses hand away while she was measuring his head and of course the shots were a epic fail. It took all 4 of us holding him down and he was still thrashing and screaming bloody murder before she even gave him a shot. I think laying on that table does it for him - he HATES it. Luckily we don't go back until 2 years and no more shots until....wait for it....... FOUR years old!!! Jackpot!! I was seriously about to have a panic attack trying to figure out how we would live through his 2-3 year shots if this is that is how traumatic the 18 mo appt was!
He is getting better at helping me clean up - in the sense that if I hand him a toy or ask him to hand me a ball, etc he will do it and sometimes he even puts things back in the right places! Like his ball pit or he will put the puzzle pieces below in the places, or at least tries too :)
I know every mom knows this - but its amazing how much they understand even though they cant verbalize it. Wow!
We have been spending all these nice days at parks, the zoo, and walks outside. I admit, I am very thankful for this mild winter because I have an active toddler that gets bored being couped up inside. BUT - I am so sad about not having any snow...of course it could still happen...I mean we do live in Arkansas! I love love love winter and the cold days, bundling up inside watching wintery movies, with hot coco, love winter clothes, ugg boots, tights, etc. I also really wanted him to be able to play in beautiful snow! Last year he was too young to do anything in the winter wonderland we received. But for now I will just continue to be thankful for the lovely spring weather :)
Remote Hog :) Another thing I want to remember is that I pulled out my stand mixer to bake muffins and he had a meltdown - bless his heart. He was terrified! We lifted him up to get a closer look and he was shaking while clinging onto me and crying. When I put him down he was gently pushing me away from it and trying to lead me with his little hands - awwwwww so sweet.
He didn't want mommy to get hurt by the mean ole mixer :) He contiued to be upset and cry for almost 30-40 minutes even after the mixer wasn't mixing....my sweet sensitive boy.

In other news on the home front, Trey received a great promotion at work!!!!!!!! He interviewed for a Supervisor management position and got it!!! Hooray Daddy!!!! We are so very proud of him and all he has accomplished and I think he will really like this transition :)
Logan saying "please" we taught him to raise his hand for please and its worked great!

Sometimes it gets too quiet in the house, you know what I mean, and I find him hidden in his closet hoarding toys :)


And we are definitely in full on toddler 18 month crying tantrum behavior. Yep. And it ain't pretty. We also started Time Out a few days ago and it was a complete disaster the first time. He thought it was a big game and I was like SuperNanny and kept putting him back over and over - 25 times to be exact! Sheesh. But after the third time of TO yesterday I think he is starting to understand more - its all about consistency and I have that down pat. We chose a corner in the hallway where they are no toys/distractions. If he starts to get up I just put him right back and keep my hand holding him in place and usually it does it. The few times we had to do TO it was over not listening - he would try to touch/push a lamp over and after us telling him 2 times and 1 warning of TO he smiled and touched it again. There you have it. Blatant Defiance folks. :)



Just look at that stud muffin - he is so stinkin cute :)

No comments: