10/13/11

Zoo Dayz

We took our first trip to the Zoo last weekend and I think it was a hit!


This sweet penguin kept coming to the glass and poking his nose at Logan making Logan crack up - no joke. He was staring at us like he wanted to greet us - how funny! Well Logan thought it was the neatest thing - he laughed and giggled. So precious :)



See?! Love this boy




It was pretty late - 4 pm and we decided on a whim to go check it out after Logans nap. All the animals were about to eat dinner and this small tiger looking cat below was pacing all over his cage. Since Logan is really into animals (mainly tigers, lions, and monkeys) I told him it was a tiger and roared at it. It hissed at me and Logan thought that was great and he started grrr'ing at it!







Logan wasn't sure what to think about the Giraffes - not too impressed :)



I was so excited for him to see a real tiger and lion! He roar's and grrrr's all day long at his books but to see a live one - wow! Of course he didn't really understand, but he stared at the lion for a long time and I was excitedly telling him it grrrr's and he finally started roaring to him :)




Here he is doing his low growl - haha


I know everyone loves their kids - but really y'all. You are never prepared for how much you will love your children. I feel like my heart is gonna burst wide open and all that mushy love is going to fill up the whole room! He is my heart - sweet stinker

We saw the monkeys! He was right up near the cage but I don't know if Logan saw him - I was oooooh ooooh ah ah ah'ing like a crazy person and that poor monkey looked at me like "seriously woman - leave me alone" haha

he was getting a drink of water

Big ole gorilla - Logan couldn't see him though




It was so much fun and I am just so looking forward to our future with him - all the fun things we are going to get to do...its like you are a child again getting so very excited to see it all through their eyes!
He is doing so well with his sippy cups - drinks milk very well and this is right before bed while watching his baby Einstein video.



Meal time is going good most days - I still put new food on his tray and he still flicks or drops it on the floor without even trying it. Oh dear. We are working on that - he is starting to know that when I say "no sir" I mean it - he hasn't laughed at me the last few days so that is progress!


"geez mom"

He is about to drop his cup over the side - but I have his trusty sippy cup strap attached! That thing is a lifesaver - thanks Gi Gi!!



I can usually get some of the best pics in his high chair because he is contained - he cant move and since I am right in his face he usually smiles so big!


I don't know what is going on here...haha


helping mommy brush his teeth


He is doing so good at MDO! Today was the first day he only cried 10 minutes! He did cry when I dropped him off but he quickly started playing with toys and they said he walked around the room like he owned it and would speed crawl all over the place. He ate ALL his food and took a little nap. Hooray! His best day yet!!



I know I mentioned it before but he is even more obsessed with ceiling fans (if that is even possible!) He walks into every room and immediately demands for the "wa wa" to be turned on. He says it with force like he is making a statement. Cracks me up! He calls the fan wa wa and also water wa wa - confusing times :) We were in a restaurant the other day and half their fans were on and the other half we not - he kept saying "wa wa wa wa wa!" because he didnt understand why they weren't all spinning. Never a dull moment folks :)
Oh and today he figured out how to throw the ball to me - sort of. And he would laugh so hard when he dropped it and then I picked it up to toss back to him. He thought that was the best game.
I feel like every day is such a blessing with him - I get to watch him learn and master skills and feel so fortunate I am at home to see everything. The dishes might be piled in the sink and the baseboards might be dusty but I love all our quality time we get to spend together whether its reading books - playing with toys, walking around the house or at playdates and the wonder place. Oh and lets not forget walks - this kid LOVES his stroller and walks!!!

No comments: