7/15/11

Playdates, Spaghettios, and Swimming!

Logan has been trying out his new push toy/walker that I found for a whopping $5 at a garage sale! I am still pumped at how much I saved with each item!!
He does get very frustrated when he runs it into a wall or something - I help him move it so he can keep walking but he quickly gets upset when it stops at the next obstacle. Poor guy - he wants to go go go!

We had playdate at The Wonder Place this week and it was a blast!

Logan tried Spaghettios for the first time - I looked in the Gerber section for older food and found some mac n cheese veggies, spaghettios, and chicken and veggies. He thought they were yummy!





But he is almost over the pureed baby food - he wants to feed himself and he wants real food I guess. He cries/fusses when his cheese toast runs out or puffs are all gone when I start feeding the main course. I cant believe it - he is getting so big!
Daddy and Logan being silly :)



In the car before his FIRST swim lesson! He was FUSSY that morning - I barely made it out the door without us both in tears. He was not letting me change his diaper into a swim diaper and put his swim shorts on he threw a toy off the changing table and knocked his video monitor off the wall! Can we say Temper?

But we made it there and got into the water - he did great for 15-20 minutes! I was sooo happy because he hates bathtime - it gets worse and worse. He doesn't want to play he basically just stands wanting to get out and I wash him off quickly then he freaks out when the water is poured over his head to wash out the shampoo. I am hoping swimming lessons will help him get used to water and like bathtime more. I think he didn't know what to think at lessons - but I did get a smile! We introduced them to the water and practiced entering and sang songs and splashed in the water. He started crying/getting fussy when we tried to float them on their chests and he was not a fan - but he lasted much longer than I thought! hooray!

yay for the first swim lesson!


Later in the week we went to Lauren and Austin's for a playdate - the boys had so much fun crawling around everywhere it was so funny to watch. I can't believe they are both this big - they were all over the place and we were busy chasing them while trying to catch up :)

This is pretty much what the playdate consisted of - them gonig in different directions with toys - haha

At the end they finally were interested in Austins walker - it was so cute!



No hands! Yay Austin!

We are getting ready for Logans birthday party tomorrow - cleaning and picking up the cake today - we are having a very low key and intimate first bday with family and close friends. We are excited to celebrate our baby boy graduating into toddler hood - pics to come!

No comments: