7/20/11

It's my son's first birthday and I'll Cry if I want to!

Well - the day is here ladies and gents...the big day we have been waiting for all year - the FIRST BIRTHDAY! I can barely believe it. I know everyone says the first year (and all the rest) fly by but they ain't lying. Sometimes I feel like I just got out of the hospital and other days it feels like he's been here forever.
This time last year (9:10 pm as I type) I was in some MAJOR pain and it is so weird to think he wasn't even here yet! And Lord I don't ever want to go back to that time - thankyouverymuch.

But... at 9:27pm this little guy stole everyone's hearts...





I still remember being in the hospital after he was born like yesterday. Crazy isn't it? I remember that first night after everyone left we were STARVING and Trey went to get us a very late dinner (midnight folks) and we were all alone in the postpartum room. Us and The Baby. It was eerie - surreal. Of course Logan was sleeping and we thought we had it made - I remember talking about what a good baby he was and how lucky we were. Haha - ohhhh if I only knew ALL babies sleep the first few days if not week or two! Oh well at least he eased us into Parenthood :)

And here he is now... one year later - our greatest joy!



He is such a delight to raise - I am lucky I get to be home with him every day watching him learn and grow into a sweet little boy. He is saying Ma Ma now which melts my heart - I can never get tired of hearing that (okay I will promptly eat my words as soon as he starts screaming Ma ma!)

We went to his second swim lesson today and he did great! I was a little worried because he had a low grade temp this AM but we went anyway because he was acting fine. He enjoyed the shady part of the pool and floated on his back for me which is HUGE for him since he isn't a fan of water! I think he is coming around to the idea - hopefully this will transfer into bathtime ;)
He got so relaxed he closed his eyes while floating on his back - it was precious.


Sweet sweet little man


I snuck the crown on before he noticed


and off it goes!








poor bday boy got up from his nap and had a higher temp. He really didn't feel good the rest of the day - he was fussy and extra needy. He would play but wanted me to be right there and he would hug me and chew on my shirt.

He did take a couple of good naps and I gave him advil so ease the fever. He didn't have much of an appetite today either.





12 months old!!





After dinner we were going to let him eat a cupcake we saved since it was his special day but he was not having it - poor guy.


He smushed it a little then started crying big time...






Awwww Birthday Boy! :( He went to bed early and hopefully he will sleep through the night and wake up feeling much better! I hate that he didn't feel good on his bday but at least we had a calm day planned - and he felt great for his party so I am thankful for that.

We are so blessed to be his parents and we can't WAIT to see the little gentleman he turns into - all I ask is that time slow down... a little? Pretty Please???

No comments: