6/6/10

Simmons Baby Shower!

We had a busy weekend - but it was a blast! I took off work Thurs and Fri to prepare for Lauren and John's Couples Baby Shower we hosted this weekend at our house. Stanley Steemer cleaned the carpets on Thurs - they looked amazing - so fresh and clean! The doggies made their way to Grandma Wood's and hung out there all weekend (thanks Mom!) so we could prepare and let the carpets dry. We cleaned like maniacs and I bought new flowers to go in the pots outside since the purple pansies were on their death bed - they somehow survived the crazy winter and started blooming in Spring. But, they never looked quite the same.

So... I bought these beauties and planted them Friday.

Good bye to the old ones...




Hello new pretties!


Our garden flag - I put this one out because it matched the baby shower themed colors - green and blue


Ready for Shower Time - I put up this wreath - you might remember it from my Baby Shower only weeks before.

Balloons about to go on the mailbox...

A cute memo board Lauren bought for Austin's room and she let us borrow for the shower - we put pics of her and John as babies along with their invite


Plate I had made for them - one of their presents and decor for the shower - it matched their bedding perfectly! I took a burp cloth with the bedding print to Firefly Studio and they created this amazing plate - love it!


Photo board for guests to sign a message to Baby Austin


Cute sign I found on etsy.com - I am loving that website!
More decor and Favor table - guests could grab some candy on their way out with these little baggies and a scoop. I collected green and blue candy to match the shower theme




Yummy candy!

Beverage Station




Trey grilling hot dogs and hamburgers - he did a great job in that hot heat!!


The AMAZING cake made by Rachel, Lauren's sister. (She also made my shower cake) She does such beautiful, creative cakes and they taste divine! So moist and yummy!

The diaper cake made by Somerset - it was too cute - perfect colors and she even made a little turtle on top since they are one of Lauren's favorites

I got a little creative and painted the large A on the bottom for the shower - we thought it would look cute as part of the diaper cake - it turned out great!!



Parents-to-be posing before cutting the cake






Game Time! We played a Baby Facts game that was hilarious. (you might notice me appearing on the TV screen - I also asked John to put pics of their friends on a flash drive and we had it on repeat through the shower - it was a surprise for Lauren and definitely had people talking and reminiscing. :)


Then it was presents time - they got some great gifts for Baby Austin!





Hostesses with the Mostess! Ha! From the left: Somerset, Becca, Rachel, Lauren, Me, and Nicole. Becca and Rachel are Lauren's sisters and Nicole came in from NYC! Everyone did such a great job and we all had fun setting up and tearing down. Thanks girls!!!

Lauren and I (this is my 33 week picture!)

Have I mentioned I am officially 8 months?? It seems surreal how much time has flown by - I can hardly believe it. 8 months. Wow! I will try to start posting weekly preggo photos since the countdown is about to begin. I am still feeling pretty good - sleeping is definitely an issue - the leg pain and tossing during the night is killing me. Oh and the constant peeing every 2 hours. I am trying not to complain though - I have been super lucky and have had a great pregnancy so far - hope it continues going smoothly. :)

No comments: