11/8/11

Lately...

This little boy is the light of my life...
I mean, how could he not be? :)
I get to spend most of my day laughing at and with him...
He is so animated!
Poor little guy, he had a major meltdown the other day. Long story but we needed to get out of the house and we drove to The Wonder Place but they were way to busy bc apparently school was out (didnt realize) so we didnt attempt to go in and we drove to the free playtubes at Rock Creek instead...but...all the church doors were locked! Boo. We strolled around the whole building in search of an open door but we got nothing. Well it was cold but once he is in the stroller you might as well take a walk bc he will pitch a major fit trying to get back in the car seat because he is that obsessed with the stroller/walks. So we strolled the parking lot for a few minutes then it was waaaay too cold so I had to put him back in the car. Well, the inevitable meltdown occurred anyway. He was so distraught - crying and just sobbing. Heartbroken. So I sang and gave him his sippy cup and he finally let me strap him in.

Here he was before...

look at that poor sad face :(
Sweet precious boy!
He forgave me and we went on to enjoy the rest of our day! :)
Whew - can this little man sure tear apart his play area! We sing the Clean Up song so much he should have it memorized come Christmas!

Stinker :)

Blackmail...he will not like this photo when he is 16! He always goes into my drawer and pulls out these packages...ahem.

pushing around our laundry hamper in our room - his favorite pastime

So he loves looking in the mirror and staring at himself and smiling, laughing, and waving. I am not sure if he thinks its a little friend or what but he is also dancing for his friend in the mirror! It is PRECIOUS!


squatting and dancing up and down



silly boy in the mirror!
(side note: I do realize he does not match in the above pics...what can I say? Its Laundry day!)

Logan just loves books - which makes my heart happy and I love that one of his favorite things to do is bring me books to read to him.





Here are a few firsts - he threw up in his bed for the first time a week or so ago. I came into his room when he woke up and discovered it all over the crib and himself! He wasn't even crying - which I felt horrible bc I have no idea how long he slept like that - ugh. But if he was bothered by it I know he would have cried for me to come get him. Bless his heart. He never threw up again - so strange!

Mr. Tough Guy




He is still very much into Grrrring like a Tiger/Lion, Woofing like a Dog and making monkey noises. He also makes a funny elephant noise! He can say byebye and wave - this is a new one! MDO is getting better and better - he hasnt cried the last 2 times I dropped him off and he slept 50 minutes last week!!!!
We went to the Zoo on a whim at 4 pm the other day which turned out to be the best time to go! All the animals were starving so they were antsy/lively. We saw the monkeys swinging and oooooh ahhhhing up a storm and he even joined in with them.
The tigers/lions were so active too - running around and actually playing with their ball toys and jumping on one another - it was so fun to see! He was in heaven - and no one else was there - love it! Oh and the Giraffe's came right up to us for him to see - amazing :)




I cannot believe my 30th (gasp) birthday is coming up on Sunday - am I REALLY that old???!! How did 30 years fly by?? Ohhhhh dear :)

No comments: