7/3/09

Happy 4th of July!

We have an announcement to make... we are the proud owners of a Dodge Charger as of today!!! Most of you know Trey has been searching for a new car for months (well we'll be honest - for years) and he finally found a four-door car he likes which is huge because he is, and always will be, a two-door car kinda guy. :) It is funny because I love SUV's and he loves really tiny sporty cars. So, he has been eyeing the Charger for a while and researching it for a few months. We test drove one a while back but were not quite ready to buy one yet. So today we went to Landers and saw the 2009 Chargers they had on the lot. They were nice and pretty, but not the colors Trey wanted and for the price it was a basic car - nothing extra - no bells and whistles. Which that would have been just fine, but then the salesman said he got a 2008 Charger in yesterday that did not have very many miles on it at all and was silver and a great deal.

Sure enough - we took that car for a test drive and it is now sitting in our driveway! Trey loved it - it is silver with black interior. It has tinted windows, satellite radio, a larger engine and a few extras for a great price compared to the other brand new cars. It was perfect - and it had his name all over it! We signed some paperwork and away we went...

The sad news is that we traded in my beloved Xterra that I have had since my senior year of high school. My 2000 Nissan has been the best car to me and I love it so much. I knew it was time to let it go - but it was harder than I thought. I have so many memories with that car and it has been so good to me. So, I said my goodbyes and took a few pics and off we went.


Bless its little engine...


Trey in his new car


Nice and shiny!


Proud new owner of a Charger.
We are starting off the 4th of July weekend with a bang - (no fireworks necessary!) We plan to organize, clean, and do stuff around the house the rest of the weekend. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!

No comments: