5/8/09

Day 5 - Charlottesville, VA

We drove to Charlottesville on Sunday and ate at a little diner with yummy hamburgers and fries for lunch. Then, we did the tour of Monticello - Thomas Jefferson's home which was very cool. Yes - it was rainy ALL day and we were not prepared - or should I say I was not prepared for the crappy weather. I wore my white skirt and flip flops because when we left Norfolk it was nice and sunny. Then, we got to Charlottesville which was rainy and cold. We didn't have time to change so I just sucked it up (which for those of you who truly know me that is HARD for me to do sometimes, but I put my "big girl panties" on and had fun anyway!)


Good ole Thomas Jefferson and I had a moment with one another. I think I was way more into it than he was...shame. (that is trey's coat hanging on my shoulders - i was freezing!) ;)


Trey and Mr. Jefferson were having a very intellectual and serious conversation.




Jefferson's grave site





A very large area in which the estate grows everything you can imagine! Veggies, herbs, and all sorts of neat items.




Gorgeous flowers in the garden area


I want these in my front yard!

The back of Monticello


The front of Monticello

Front...
We took Kaitlin's suggestion and ate at Escafe for dinner which was fantastic (we did not have a single bad meal on our trip - pretty amazing!)
We tried their version of Mint Julep and it was to die for - we ordered two each! Mmmm...

No comments: