4/26/09

Subiaco Saturday

I have been wanting to visit Subiaco for years and never had the chance until this past Saturday. Vivian is very close to Father Denis (he is the Priest that married Trey and I ) and he lives in Shoal Creek and is the Pastor at St. Scholastica Church. We arrived around 11 am on Saturday to his house and he gave us a tour of his Parish. It has such character and is beautiful. I never got pictures inside, but did take a couple outside.

Father Denis Soerries


St. Scholastica Church




Then, we went to Subiaco to eat lunch and take a tour. It was breathtaking and everything I had always thought it would be! We enjoyed our lunch with Father and he took us around showing us the beautiful Church and surrounding areas. It was very neat because he knows so much information and details that we would have never heard had we been on our own.





Amazing...



After Subiaco, we drove to St. Mary's which has been renovated and it was gorgeous too! St. Mary's is near the Post and Wiederkehr Wineries.





It was a wonderful day filled with such beauty and great company. I am blessed that I have such a good time not only with my Husband, but with my fabulous Mother In Law - how did I get that lucky? :)
We are getting ready to go on our first Road Trip vacation to see Kaitlin get married in Norfolk, Virginia!! We are thrilled and cannot wait to hit the road. We leave Wednesday and get back the following Wednesday. YEA! I will post many pics of all our stops once we return. Enjoy the week!

No comments: